For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Svea14's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 14th, 2017 10:18 AM

Device suspended need help

Hi my husbands is active duty military and we just moved to Germany. We were told we need to suspend our devices and get an unlock code so we can use a different chip, I requested the unlock code and it said the installment isn't payed off and I can't call out help please.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

suspend stateside then they will temp unlock, then get sim in berlin or anywhere, once stateside, remove suspend, ending temp unlock. call att. they will say that

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

There is no such thing as a temporary unlock.  Unlocked is unlocked.  

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

im sorry you feel that way.i will await OP response.im not in the mood to argue or bite the bait. furthermore, help the person and skip responses to me, for you need to know i dont need your input.im not the one with issue. just respond to thier issue.furthermore, sprint, tmobile, and verizon has that for deployed.i got temp unlock via tmobile. end of story.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you I finally got ahold of them and that's what they told me. And since my husband came here on orders they waived the installment payment.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Svea14 wrote:
Thank you I finally got ahold of them and that's what they told me. And since my husband came here on orders they waived the installment payment.

Which "that's what" did they tell you??

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

glad it worked out for you.i served myself

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

In case someone else needs help in the future and comes across this thread, here is the procedure:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1046235

A request through the normal unlocking site will not work, you have extra steps to go through.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.