For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
blaster110's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, September 13th, 2018 3:09 PM

Complaint about Asurion Insurance

Asurion Insurance, denied my claim by saying the item was intentionally damaged and sending it back to me but still charged me a repair fee, because they "Looked into it".  This is truly sad.  I have been with ATT when it was Cingular, almost 12 yrs ago.  This is the worst I have experienced with a vendor that AT&T has partnered with.  

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

6 years ago

They are the only insurance for cell phones all carriers use them Verizon,sprint,tmoble,at&t . I think apple has their own form of insurance but im not sure how it works. Assurion has a high deductible on top of the monthly payments. If they do approve the claim you are sent a refurbished phone and while they say they will try to get the same color you may end up with a random color phone depending on availability

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@blaster110

Im always curious why information is left out.  Why does Asurion think it was intentional?  Was it?  

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

6 years ago

@Constructive: It is “Apple Care Plus” for iPhones, iPads, extends device warranty for another year, covers accidentle damages, covers only for two years after buy brand new.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Just because they are the only insurance company, doesn’t make it a good one. That is for sure. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

No. It was sitting on a truck bed and a 4yr old closed the tail gate. It slid down into the creavous and was crushed.  The denial is whatever, but to still charge me a repair or deductible is asinine. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

For the cost Asurion is a poor product.  Better off banking $10 per line, each month.  I’m thousands ahead that way. 

ACE - Master

• 

10.5K Messages

6 years ago

If you want to pay $10 a month, might as well get AppleCare.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

ASURION claim denied for me because it sed you dont have claim any more first they sed its last claim then we drop it then they sed you dont have claim left because I change my protection plan 1 to protection plan 4 and even try to contact them to speak but they put me on hold and never got back to me so i got stuck anybody knows what the solution for it?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

4 years ago

@nosharwanchaudhry

"ASURION claim denied for me because it sed you dont have claim any more first they sed  its last claim then we drop it then they sed  you dont have claim left because I change my protection plan 1 to protection plan 4 and even try to contact them to speak but they put me on hold and never got back to me so i got stuck anybody knows what the solution for it?"

Answer: pay for repair or replacement.  Google a cell phone repair shop. 

Insurance limits the number of claims per year.   If you have claimed more than once in the past 12 months, you are no longer eligible.  Asurion would cancel.  You would no longer have it on your bill.

Read your bill! 

If you aren't paying for insurance on your line, you aren't covered.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.