For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
peterwguy's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 29th, 2015 2:42 PM

As this morning I'm missing calls - they're going straight to voicemail

It's an iPhone 6. I've already powered down and back on. It's been happening for the last few hours.

Employee

• 

116 Messages

9 years ago

Is there a half moon icon at the top of your screen? Sometimes Do not disturb mode is unknowingly enabled.

If so, swipe up to pull the utility tab up and tap the half moon icon (where WiFi and airplane mode is found)

If Do not disturb is not on, try going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings this will delete any saved Wi-Fi passwords but no other data. Once your phone reboots test out voice service.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

Something is wrong with at&t's network for the northeast, including MI, OH, PA, DE, NY, etc.

It happened a few weeks ago as well. This latest issue started 2 days ago and it isn't just affecting VoLTE; it's calls on 4G too. at&t has acknowledged the issue on twitter but has no ETA of a fix still!

http://www.wkyc.com/story/tech/2015/07/28/att-customers-experience-service-issues/30815243/

I'm surprised there isn't more posts on this topic; it goes to show you most people only use data. Of course, it's hard to know you cannot receive calls unless someone texts you, "all calls are going to your voicemail."

Employee

• 

116 Messages

9 years ago

I'm curious, you mentioned VoLTE. If you are living in a VoLTE area, is your area code the one for where you live or do you have a different area code? In order for VoLTE to work, your area code has to be the same for that area. If your area code is different, you can change your phone number or opt out of VoLTE.

Also, when you said it doesn't work over 4G either...did you change the setting "Enhanced 4G LTE" from voice and data to "data only" or did you disable both? (Data only is the best option) if you did turn "data only" on, AT&T can add a temporary VoLTE opt out on your line until the kink is worked out.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

We changed it to 'data only' to opt out of VoLTE for now but it didn't solve the issue. The area code is 267 and is in Philadelphia market. The phone in question is an iPhone 6. But regardless of whatever network is being used for voice, the calls go to voicemail.

My phone, however, has had this issue randomly as well the past 3 days and it is an iPhone 5 and thus HSPA+ only for voice calls anyway...no VoLTE issues to even complicate it.

I think it is fixed...but it's hard to tell without calling the phones from a landline at random intervals. I've also asked Twitter @attcares to follow up. Thanks @MalyndaLeigh for responding.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.