For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Yukonbone's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 13th, 2017 4:07 AM

Apple Watch series 3 GPS+Cellular, service plan?

Will I have to pay a cellular service plan for the new Apple Watch series 3 GPS + Cellular?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

What are the various options to activate a new Apple Watch 3 on an existing Mobile Share account on the AT&T cellular network?

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

7 years ago

@PaulG77T  This is from AT&T on setting up service with the Apple Watch 3. Hope this helps. 

https://www.att.com/shop/apple-watch.html

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Have an M cell at home to boast my iPhones use at home;

will the new Apple watch cellular work with M cell?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@ErikNK wrote:

Have an M cell at home to boast my iPhones use at home;

will the new Apple watch cellular work with M cell?

I'm thinking no.  Your mcell isn't LTE, right?

But I'm thinking the phone is just LTE or WiFI (but that is a total guess) so if it hits the WiFi, I'd think that's be as good as or better than the mcell.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Horrible experience and hours on phone and runaround trying to get watch connected. Then to be told I need unlimited plan. Good news is unlimited plan is no brainer if multiple lines, you watch HBO and want low cost tv solution for select viewing in my case. Poorly communicated tho by Apple and ATT. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Buckoa

You needed a current plan, but unlimited is not required.  Sounds like your good with it, so no big deal.  But customers shouldn’t be forced onto unlimited if they have the Mobile Share Advantage plan and want to keep it.  

I have noticed the wording on the watch sales page no longer limits it to the currently offered plans.  I don’t see why it wouldn’t be allowed on any shared data plan.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I just received my first month's bill after adding my Apple WatchSeries 3 to my bill. I was charged the $10 fee, and in addition, I was charged a separate $49.95 fee for the new phone number the watch now has. When I spoke to an AT&T representative and their manager, I was informed I now had to pay for that additional number each month. That brings my total to $59.95, and a lot more than just $10.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@MichaelMcP69 wrote:

I just received my first month's bill after adding my Apple WatchSeries 3 to my bill. I was charged the $10 fee, and in addition, I was charged a separate $49.95 fee for the new phone number the watch now has. When I spoke to an AT&T representative and their manager, I was informed I now had to pay for that additional number each month. That brings my total to $59.95, and a lot more than just $10.

The $10 is the fee for the number/line.  

I don't know what that $49.95 is for.  It should be pretty clear on the bill, it should be like a receipt listing $49.95 and what it's for written next to it.

Some people with grandfathered plans can't have another line added to it, so they'd add a plan. So a plan plus a charge.

Can't tell what yours is for unless you tell us specifically what the bill says.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

The $49.95 was for the additional phone line associated with the watch.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@MichaelMcP69 wrote:
The $49.95 was for the additional phone line associated with the watch.

I'm confident your bill does not say

"$49.95 additional phone line associated with the watch"

What EXACTLY does the bill say for the $49.95 and for the $10.00

Feel free to post a screen shot or photo, please block out the number or the moderators will remove it.

I don't believe that AT&T has any current/past postpaid plans that are $49.95 for the single line fee.  Maybe an old plan that's $40 for a plan, $9.95 for a line and $10 for smartwatch data. But that's not the best way to configure it. You should be able to tack it onto a current plan for $10. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.