For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
peter__d's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, December 3rd, 2019 3:36 AM

ATT Customer service is the worst!!!!!

My phone for some reason was reported stolen yesterday by someone other than me. I have called multiple times and received conflicting stories on why from at&t. I was able to get a hold of someone on chat live and was told that someone is currently looking at my case to enable my phone back. That was HOURSSSS ago and my phone is still a brick! I've been trying to get a hold of someone on chat live for hours but never get put though. Cant call because my phone was completely disabled. I have to say that this is the worst experience I've had! To get my phone blocked for no reason and have to deal with this mess is unsat! I have literally been on hold or trying to call SOMEONE at ATT to resolve this issue since this morning and have either been told something random or transferred to someone other than who they say they are transferring me to.

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

4 years ago

Is this a phone that you bought from someone else, or are you the original owner who bought it brand new from Apple or an authorized realtor?  If you bought the phone from someone else, it’s likely that you got scammed by the seller and the original owner reported it stolen and had it put on the blacklist.  If that’s what happened, only the person who blacklisted the phone can get it removed.  AT&T won’t help someone else remove a phone from the blacklist.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I bought the phone BRAND NEW from a apple store 2 months ago

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

As of over 36 hours ago, my phone is still locked.  I spoke to multiple customer  service reps that gave me all different times that my phone was suppose to unlock. One said that my phone should be good yesterday, which never did( I have the transcript for that), another one that said 6AM (It is now 644AM and my phone is locked), and now being told 11AM...I have spent 16+ hours either on the phone waiting or waiting on chat and STILL no answer!!!!If this is how ATT treats its customers, I will not be staying with them!!!

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

4 years ago

This story doesn't make sense. If this is your phone then only someone who provided your name and the account passcode could report the phone stolen. All that would be required to remove it would be to call or chat and tell them to restore it. You could even restore it on the website yourself.

The fact that you can't leads me to believe this is a phone that belonged to someone else, and that person suspended it. Either that or it was reported stolen to Asurion who blocked the device and would have sent out a replacement. In both scenarios, there's no one at AT&T who can or would be able to restore it.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I'm telling you I bough this phone directly from a Apple Store. I have the receipts to prove it. I have tried multiple times to get my phone enabled and have reached dead ends with ATT. I dont know who or how it was blocked but I am getting ZERO answers from ATT.  My phone was finally enabled back but within the hour was disabled again. I am at square one again

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I immediately tried calling the fraud department when my phone was activated but was on hold for over an hour and never got through to explain to talk to them and then got blocked again

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.