For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
dcastillo68's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 5th, 2014 12:44 AM

2 Phones with Same assigned ATT phone number

Need some help on how to best resolve an issue.  I ordered an Apple iphone 4S 8G online via the Apple website on Sunday, to add to my plan.  This morning I saw that Walmart was selling the 5C 16GB for only $29.00 so I purchased it to add to my plan as well.  I have two boys, so I wanted to add to additional lines regardless.  Only problem is that I noticed that the 5C phone was assigned the same phone number as the 4S that is being shipped.  I know that I can't have two phones with same number, so how can I easily resolve this.  I'm scared that once I activate the 4S when the shipment arrives it is going to cause problems since the 5c also has the same number.  Should I change the phone number for my 5c before I activate the 4s?  Only problem is that since its just new from today it won't allow me to change the wireless number online.  Any thoughts?  Oh, and another problem may be that I don't know how many lines I am approved for.  Will I need to return one of the phones if I am only approved a total of 2 lines vs 3?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

Take the phones to a corporate store prior to activation. They can properly activate them with the proper numbers so that all phones work with the proper number. If you activate the 4S, it will deactivate the SIM in the 5C. You can still use the 5C on a different line by activating a SIM with a different number.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.