For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
mellienoodle's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 27th, 2014 2:15 PM

my phone keeps saying it will sync when on a mobile network

Every time I get a text or a phone call. My screen goes to a screen that says AT&T Address book will sync your contacts when your mobile phone is on a mobile network.
What does that mean and how can I fix it?
It is a Galaxy S5 Active.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Does this not disable auto-sync for all other applications in the list as well?  What if I just want to disable this assinine piece of fecal matter application?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi!  I have a Galaxy S7 Edge and had the same problem...finally figured it out!  Go to Settings--Device--Applications--Application Manager--More--Show System Apps.  That is where I found mine and I have TWO of them for some reason....I did 'Force Stop'  on both of them and it seems to have worked!

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

I had this problem also, when I created my AT&T Address book account and tried to use it.  The reason I wanted to use the AT&T address book, was that the PC based web version was more flexible and easier to view and edit my address book.

The problem I ran into was getting the consten Sync messages as you described.  After calling AT&T and asking about this.  I found out the AT&T address book will only sync using Mobil Data.  It will not sync over WiFi.  I have mobil data turned off as I can not afford it at this time.  Just as several people showed above.  I was able to disable the AT&T address book app and the sync messages stopped.

I am not using Google Contacts to keep my contact list between my PC and smartphone in sync (though I would still prefer to use the AT&T address book app - if they ever allow it to sync over WiFi)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

For the galaxy 7edge you have to open settings-go to device-then applications-scroll down to contacts-hit accounts-then hit AT&T address book-then just turn off the auto sync setting

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

For Samsung Note 4 .....Go to settings-Applications-Contacts-Accounts-AT&T Address Book-turn off Auto sync..

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I cannot find Contacts under settings-Applications-Contacts-Accounts-AT&T Address Book-turn off Auto sync.. I have notebook 4

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

*****!!!  I really hope AT&T is not paying this person to give answers to customers. You solution does not work. AT&T Addressbook is not an optional app. AT&T already has it installed on your phone and it runs in the background. You can't uninstall or disable it. Did you even check Google Play before you gave that as an option???? Because it's not. Evidentlyyou are not an AT&;T customer because if you were you would know pretty much all this already.{keep it courteous}Thanks in advance.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Ok Guys & Gals,

This is what i did and so far it has solved my Adressbook Sync Problem...

Disclaimer: I have an S5, i do hope that it will work for every model...

Follow this steps:

Go to Contacts -  On the Drop down Menu go to Settings - On settings there's a Call and a Contacts options, click Contacts - On the Contacts options go to Accounts...here is where it gets tricky...

First go to the drop down menu and turn off the auto sync, then Restart your phone...

After Restart do it all over again up to the Go to Accounts, now turn on the auto sync... then quickly click on the AT&T Adressbook and turn off the Auto Sync Contacts, then Restart your phone again..so far it has worked for me and im so happy about it!!!

That way all your accounts will sync without problems...all but the AT&T Adressbook of course!!!

Good Luck!!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I tried the following on my LG Phoenix 2 running Android 6 with great success.  I hope it works for you.

Open the dialer application and dial the following code:

*#*#2666#*#*

A hidden menu will appear for the AT&T Address Book.  At the top of the list, under the Select Registration Settings Heading you should see that Initialized is selected by default.  Simply select Completed.  "Saved" will be displayed momentarilly at the bottom of the screen.  Now, simply navigate back to the home screen then open the Contacts application.  With luck, the problem should now be fully resolved.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This helped a lot.  Thanks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.