For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
TonyS1944's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, December 29th, 2014 3:33 AM

low on storage space

I have a Samsung 4g smart phone, and it tells me i'm low on storage space.  I believe it is because of my music and photos.  I don't need as much music and not all the photos are keepers.  How do I delete some (or all, if need be).  Do I have to delete one song at a time?  If so, I've got over 2000 songs in there.  That would be a serioius pain.  I'd rather delete all and just put back what I want the most.  Please advise.

Scholar

• 

150 Messages

9 years ago

You have three choices. You can transfer your files using the charging cable and connecting that to your computer. Copy the photos over and delete them from your device when your done. In doing so youll be able to work with your fioes much like any other files on yiur comouter. You can also purchase an SD card which gives you more capacity but you can only store music and videos on there. Some apps may have access to the card as well.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

How do i delete the songs?  If i have to do them one at a time you might as well measure me for a straightjacket.  If that is all i can do for the music and the photos to delete them, then ATT needs to change their software to provide more options.  If i have to clear the phone and start over, then i guess that's what I'll have to do.  

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

9 years ago

The easiest thing to do is to connect the phone to your computer and transfer the media to your computer. You should be able to move entire folders that way. Copy the Music, Picture, Video folder from your phone, for example, then go back into your pone and delete what you want while it is connected to your computer as you can easily do mass deletions at that time. 

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

As previous posters have said, your best bet is to connect to your computer as MTP, and delete the files using windows explorer/Finder if you're on a mac.

If you either don't want to or aren't able to connect to a computer, I would recommend using ES File Explorer(available on the Play Store), and use the batch delete functions within the app. You could either delete your music folder, or go into the folder, select all, and then delete.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.