For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
ldazzle's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 7th, 2013 9:21 PM

lg optimus g

I have to restart my LG Optimus G several times every day to get it to "remember" that I have a data plan.  I have WiFi at my house, so I use that most of the time, but when I leave the house, I have to restart the phone to get it to connect to 4G service.  Otherwise, it tells me that I don't have a data plan.  I didn't have this problem before (when I had a Motorola Droid X with Verizon).  Is this a phone problem or an ATT problem?  

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

@ldazzle wrote:

I have to restart my LG Optimus G several times every day to get it to "remember" that I have a data plan.  I have WiFi at my house, so I use that most of the time, but when I leave the house, I have to restart the phone to get it to connect to 4G service.  Otherwise, it tells me that I don't have a data plan.  I didn't have this problem before (when I had a Motorola Droid X with Verizon).  Is this a phone problem or an ATT problem?  

I have a Samsung Nexus S and, basically, the same happens to me. I'm on WIFI at work but when I leave the office, it will still show Wifi. I just turn off wifi and turn on my data connection, manually, when I need to otherwise, the wifi symbol will show, even though I'm not using it. 

Instead of turning your phone on and off, you can always toggle your airplane mode on and off. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.