Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 17, 2012
9:51:53 PM
View profile
galaxy s3 At&t update making auto correct no longer work

I updated my GS3 with the update from At&t because there was no other way to remove it from my notifications bar and now auto correct won't work regardless of the settings I change. Once again i'm getting more and more problems from updates prompted by At&t. All these updates do is mess up what was perfect before. 

Anyone else having this problem?

I updated my GS3 with the update from At&t because there was no other way to remove it from my notifications bar and now auto correct won't work regardless of the settings I change. Once again i'm getting more and more problems from updates prompted by At&t. All these updates do is mess up what was perfect before. 

Anyone else having this problem?

galaxy s3 At&t update making auto correct no longer work

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2012 8:39:47 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

It sounds like T9 was turned on. 

From your home screen click on Messaging, click new message, then hold down the settings button (the one that looks like a gear) located second from the left at the bottom. Un-check XT9 from the list.

Please let me know if that helps!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

It sounds like T9 was turned on. 

From your home screen click on Messaging, click new message, then hold down the settings button (the one that looks like a gear) located second from the left at the bottom. Un-check XT9 from the list.

Please let me know if that helps!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: galaxy s3 At&t update making auto correct no longer work

2 of 8 (20,901 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2012 1:05:13 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have had the same problem, no auto correct since installing the update and tried checking and unchecking almost everything under Predicitive text on Samsung keyboard settings.  "Word completion", "spell correction", "next word prediction", "auto-append", "auto-substitution", "recapture" (which is where I think you were trying to tell the OP to change the "XT9 recommendations"). 

The OP wanted to HAVE the keyboard auto correct, I thought unchecking this was supposed to turn OFFautocorrect, not turn it on. 

It doesn't matter on my S III, I can't get autocorrect back no matter what option I choose.

I have had the same problem, no auto correct since installing the update and tried checking and unchecking almost everything under Predicitive text on Samsung keyboard settings.  "Word completion", "spell correction", "next word prediction", "auto-append", "auto-substitution", "recapture" (which is where I think you were trying to tell the OP to change the "XT9 recommendations"). 

The OP wanted to HAVE the keyboard auto correct, I thought unchecking this was supposed to turn OFFautocorrect, not turn it on. 

It doesn't matter on my S III, I can't get autocorrect back no matter what option I choose.

3 of 8 (20,690 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2012 1:14:36 PM
(0)
Contributor
Also found http://www.androidcentral.com/att-samsung-galaxy-s3-gets-software-update about 2/3 of the way down the page starting with xdocbombay several other people have had the same problem
Also found http://www.androidcentral.com/att-samsung-galaxy-s3-gets-software-update about 2/3 of the way down the page starting with xdocbombay several other people have had the same problem

4 of 8 (20,686 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2012 8:39:17 AM
(0)
Voyager

I just tried that on my S3 but do not see the settings button. The only options on the screen are to type, select a contact, add attachment and send.

I just tried that on my S3 but do not see the settings button. The only options on the screen are to type, select a contact, add attachment and send.

5 of 8 (20,426 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2013 5:15:39 PM
(0)
Contributor
I've read that this needs to become a "known issue" for it to change. That means we have to post on forums like these (not just android ones) saying that we're experiencing this problem. Hopefully whoever needs to see the posts will see them and there will be some sort of patch in the next update.

This sucks. Auto CORRECT is supposed to correct my mistakes not make them!
I've read that this needs to become a "known issue" for it to change. That means we have to post on forums like these (not just android ones) saying that we're experiencing this problem. Hopefully whoever needs to see the posts will see them and there will be some sort of patch in the next update.

This sucks. Auto CORRECT is supposed to correct my mistakes not make them!

6 of 8 (11,252 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply

7 of 8 (10,628 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 3:27:23 PM
(0)
Contributor
I don't even have like any of those message setting options! I'm so confused as to why autocorrect doesn't work Nd I hate it. I have no XT9 option
I don't even have like any of those message setting options! I'm so confused as to why autocorrect doesn't work Nd I hate it. I have no XT9 option

8 of 8 (5,235 Views)