For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
nuvision1001's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 1st, 2019 12:15 PM

Voicemail service not available

Phone:  HTC A9

When accessing voicemail I get the "Service Not Available" message.  It has been this way for the last 5 days ...

This is the first time this has happened in the last 4 years.

Thank you ...

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

5 years ago

vm worked first time in 3 wks this morn......wonder whien it will go out again.....

you know ATT, all---- well, some------ of this fuss could have been avoided simply if the recording you get when trying to access vm EXPLAINED THE ISSUE similarly to what was reported in post 262,,,,,...way to learn the hard way!!!!!!!!  way to show everyone how bad your customer service is!!!!!   way to ....ahh screw it.....you will just put me on hold.....

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I think ALL customers who have not had service should be compensated in a big way.  This is beyond ridiculous.  If everyone affected refused to pay 40% of their bill because of this, AT&T might take notice. 

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Can confirm!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

While voice mail system is down, can voice mail message be changed or voice mail turned off to prevent messages from being left that I can’t hear?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Have had the same problem for the past 2 weeks. It was fixed for a few days after my first conversation with a tech, but has been out for the past 6 days. For a company as sophisticated as AT&T, a prolonged outage w/out explanation or repair time line makes no sense.  Am suspecting they are dealing with sabotage of part of their networks on such a massive scale that they don't think it would be good to disclose (particularly when it deals with the compromise of sensitive customer info like voicemail.)  The system is still handling voice calls and internet traffic on a minute by minute scale that few of us could imagine (in terms of the volume of data being successfully routed to hundreds of millions of devices WORLDWIDE.)  Simple voice mail retrieval would appear to be one of the less sophisticated parts of their system. And while it's fun to bash AT*T as being incompetent, greedy, conniving and incredibly unresponsive as well as irritating (on their better days), they aren't as big as they are because they're stupid. Something's up.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Interestingly enough, my voicemail and my wife's is working this morning.
Let's see how long.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I spent 2 hours trying to troubleshoot this issue.  ATT has no problem contacting you immediately by text or email to let you know that a payment is due but to not reach out to all of your customers in Charlotte NC in the same fashion is horrible customer service and irresponsible.  Not to mention our sales person  for wireless lied to us, conned is out of $400 among other things.

Mentor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

HOLY CRAP it's working.  Only took them weeks to fix. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

My voicemail is working this morning. I'm in the (252) area of North Carolina. I've had to service for over three weeks. AT&T customer service and tech support are the worst. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].I actually wouldn't have minded the voicemail outage that much if AT&T would have informed us of what was going on and how it was being fixed.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

Exactly, just be honest and let me know what I'm up against. The constant lies made weeks seem like months. 

I'll continue to use youmail a few more days until I'm sure service is permanently restored. I've uninstalled a few times only to find out my VM is broken again

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.