For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
LillyStarce's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 4th, 2013 6:36 AM

Switching Phones

My S3 has been acting up beyond my patience, randomly resetting and just being troublesome... I love this phone too.

If I were to buy an S4 could I just put my SIM card in that phone and use it like normal? Or do I have to go to AT&T and pay a bunch of money and go through a lot of mess?

Thank you for your answers.

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

You would be able to use the phone as normal if it accepts the same type of SIM card. 🙂 However, you would have to call in if you want to add the insurance and update the IMEI. 😉

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

Have you tried a factory reset on your existing S3?  It can often clear up some random bugs, particularly if they came as a result of a recent OTA update.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

11 years ago

We got S3's in June, and had so many problems we finally were able to replace them with S4's. I love my S4 - it's an order of magnitude better than the S3 was. I still have the original problem (missed incoming calls) but at least it's down to a manageable level (maybe 1 call out of 20 - the S3 seemed to miss almost half of the calls).

I've heard even better things about the S4 Active.

If you do this, you should notify AT&T that your sim is now in an S4. Otherwise it won't know about software updates and stuff.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.