For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Sarahmayle's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, May 15th, 2016 6:03 PM

So done with att..still no update..

I am done with att. Their phones are junk. This is my 4th one under warranty. They don't upgrade like they should. Metro pcs has just upgraded lg stylo to marshmallow. I have a note and mine is a flagship phone. The bill is always going up. I'm just done with this company. In my opinion everyone should boycott att.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

You cannot put LG phones in the same pool with Samsung.  All LG phones updated on all carriers before Samsung phones. The LG phones always do.

You get what you pay for.  The Note 4 wasn't as good as the Note 3    The Note 5 had some problems as well, but fewer than the 4.   I'm waiting for the Note 6 to see which phone gets my money.  

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

When using a Samsung smartphone, you can be sure of at least one thing... you'll always be riding drag when it comes to updates. 

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

8 years ago

Paying the amount of money we pay for phones from AT&T and the cost of service. It may be time to switch the 3 Apple and 1 Samsung phones elsewhere.

It is not like the MM OS came out yesterday.

So very sad.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

You know I have mm on my att s6 edge plus and its not a huge deal. Doze is the most interesting thing in the os update. But then again I have used mm since it was in beta.

Scholar

• 

116 Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:
You know I have mm on my att s6 edge plus and its not a huge deal. Doze is the most interesting thing in the os update. But then again I have used mm since it was in beta.

Doze has increased my battery life significantly on my S6 Active.  At the end of the work day around 5:00PM, I was typically between 20-30% of batttery.  Since I updated to Marshmallow, I'm now around 60-70%.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I've been with AT&T for several years and my wife has been with them since they were Cingular. The Marshmallow fiasco has caused me to re-evaluate keeping them. Because it's not JUST their poor software updates record. They're the 2nd largest carrier, but we live in a large city and I'm amazed at how often we have either 1 bar or no service at all. What are we paying a premium for? I know Verizon has its own share of issues but I can see 2 distinct advantages:

1. Much larger coverage area

2. Their software rollouts are much quicker than AT&T (April 1 for Marshmallow on Samsung vs... we still don't know when/if on AT&T)

Besides, everyone offers the "Switch to us and we'll cover your cancellation fees".

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

While it's certainly true that AT&T is lagging behind with its updates, I would hardly hold Verizon up as a paragon of speedy releases.  However, in the end, much of the delay issue lands squarely with Samsung rather than with the carriers.  Slow though they may be, the carriers have nothing with which to work until they receive the release from Samsung.  Samsung may be high on the list of smartphone manufacturers, but they are not at the top of the list in releasing updates for their own customized version of Android. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

I have to agree with @Lilybell2.   This is a Samsung thing, they are the king of bloatware.  

Verizon LG and HTC phones updated to MM before Samsung, just like ATT Lg and HTC phones.  

If I weren't so fond of the bells and whistles on Samsung phones I would swear off, but  I've always liked the quality and features.

As long as they don't repeat the lollipop disaster they can take their time.

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

8 years ago

@Lilybell2

"However, in the end, much of the delay issue lands squarely with Samsung rather than with the carriers."

No, I'll have to disagree with this statement. Samsung had the Marshmallow update in AT&Ts hands at or before February the 17th. (PC2 firmware is kernel dated Feb 17th).  It is now May 16th...almost exactly 3 months later so  AT&T is in fact squarely to balme for this delay, not Samsung.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.