For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
markpaul68's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, April 30th, 2014 6:33 PM

Samsung Note 3 it terrible after the KitKat update

I am very disappointed with AT&T currently. I have a Samsung Note 3 and since the kit kat update, my phone is horrible. I have done a factory reset, cache and a soft reset. My phone is terrible now. I wish you people would have warned customers it would ruin their phone. I called Samsung and all they do is blame everyone else. I have been a loyal customer for decades and this is how it's appreciated. Thanks to Samsung and AT&T for ruining my phone with an obvious untested and horrible update.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I feel your pain. What was once the best phone that I've ever had is now a piece of crap. I wouldn't have done the update but I got tired of it popping up every time I picked up my phone. Now programs constantly "stop working" and others just freeze up. My battery used to last a full day even with moderate use and now I'm lucky to get 4 hours out of it. And my data usage has went through the roof. I used to use way less than 5gb per month and now I'm hitting 5gb in 2 weeks or less

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

I've got a note 3 as well, and the only issue I had post update was the "Moves" app - it was crashing the accelerometer, and screen rotation would stop working. Uninstalled it, and everything's fine.

Is it possible you're using some app that isn't behaving well with KitKat? You've done all the troubleshooting I would have suggested already, except for looking at the apps you've got installed to see if any of them is the root cause of instability.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I really don't have any apps except the ones that came with the phone. It's the update. Let's not blame it on everyone else. Like the bad kid that says, "it's not MY fault."

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

10 years ago

@markpaul68 wrote:
I really don't have any apps except the ones that came with the phone. It's the update. Let's not blame it on everyone else. Like the bad kid that says, "it's not MY fault."

Well, considering the number of Note 3s, and the fact that not everyone is having this issue, its at least possible it's an app interaction.

I had exactly ONE app with an issue after the update. Moves. It crashed the accelerometer under kitkat. Which broke auto rotation. Which I blamed on KitKat. Uninstalled Moves. Problem fixed.

Is that KitKat or an app?

If you've done the factory wipe after update then it really should be trouble free. Maybe we can dig into what is "terrible now" - what exactly is going on with the phone?

Former Employee

• 

52 Messages

10 years ago

Not really enough information here to determine what is going on.  Could you be specific?  Are you experiencing slow downs or apps stopping?  I would recommend testing the device in safe mode and seeing if you still experience issues.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I loved my Note 3 until the update to KitKat. It used to last a couple days with my normal usage and was quite swift running/accessing just about anything I used it for.  Now my phone freezes multiple times per day and reboots itself almost daily.  I performed a factory reset and did not install any apps for a day to see if the issue was with something I had installed and the new issues still existed.  I contacted AT&T and it looks like my options are file for warranty replacement or insurance claim (which will incur a cost).  Not very happy with this and will not update again until I've performed thorough research but for right now I'd be extremely happy if I could roll back to 4.3.  And yes I know that it is not possible but I can wish right?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I purchased a brand new AT&T Samsung Note 3 in Feb 2014. I clearly specified I wanted jb. Phone was great for 1 month. In March, I get out of bed, turn on my new Note 3 to find kit kat. I had disabled all means I was aware of used by Samsung and AT&T to do updates.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

As I was saying, kit kat miraculous got put on my new Note 3. To put it bluntly, what in the **** was Samsung and AT&T thinking. My new phone got filled with bloatware; battery drain is awful; it corrupted my SD card; deleted data; & the list goes on and on. AT&T can't repair it and the phone can't go back to jb. I paid for a specific phone with jb. I pay AT&T for service. If I had wanted kitkat, I would have asked for kitkat. Now I have another crappy phone from AT&T that is useless. AT&T needs to realize customers are consumers who know what they want on the phone they purchased and stop forcing updates that make the phone useless. Kit kat simply is a failed experiment and with all the supposedly wiz brains who come up with lame ideas like kitkat, why can't they come up with a way to remove kitkat and restore jb? If they can't, refund the money I paid for a Note 3 with jb.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.