For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
firetruck34's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, June 9th, 2016 4:12 PM

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 update to Marshmallow

I got a tweet from @ATTCares and was told Marshmallow would be released for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 early 2016. I like many others are still waiting. When is it going to be released?

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

Note 5 is hobbled imo, no SD slot and can't replace battery. That's was an upgrade to skip. The 7 at least brings back the SD card slot and some other wow features like iris scanner. The note 5 is the icon of Samsung's dumbest year.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

The no SD slot and the non-replacelable battery is a no biggie for me. I was use to it, I had HTC M7 before my note. For me the biggest thing is, I want to be in control of the phone. The ability to root my phone and remove all the bloatware that bogs these phone down. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@jpape572 wrote:

The no SD slot and the non-replacelable battery is a no biggie for me. I was use to it, I had HTC M7 before my note. For me the biggest thing is, I want to be in control of the phone. The ability to root my phone and remove all the bloatware that bogs these phone down. 

@jpape572

Rooting phones is becoming harder and harder and google is not going to be making it easier with the release of android 7.  Samsung signed all the bootloaders on ALL us phones and I look for them to do the same with the note 7.

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

Thank Att for that, Samsung for the rest. I have s 128gb SD card in my note 4 and I have about 50gb left. Don't know what I would do without one... Starts to feel like just an iPhone with no expansion, no easy to pull power if you freeze up, nevermind instant power refill on a long flight and a Steve Jobs no one gets in here unless i say so interface.... It that's OK, just buy an apple, at least they update.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I am getting frustrated with the silence from ATT on the update for the note 4, they are the only carrier that has not released it. what is so hard about this process that is taking so long. ATT does not seem to care about the customers anymore.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

AT&T had an update today I thought it was the big MarshMellow update but nope just another security patch 😞

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

The problem is you have trusted 2 of the worst.  Samsung and AT&T.    Samsung is at best the slowest manufacturer to put out updates.   AT&T takes that slow to an all new level.  I got a update today and hoped for the best but just another useless security update.  

AT&T needs to get out of customizing products.   Take what Samsung gives the customer and then we are just screwed by one company not 2.  

I got tired of waiting.  I bought a Moto G4 plus.  Has pretty much stock android 6.01. Not locked to any carrier and works on all US Carriers.   It blows away the Note 4.  It has 64 gig storage, 4 gig mem and best yet no Bloatware from Samsung and AT&T.  Takes a micro SD and  AT $300 is a steal.  Compared against a $750 or more flagship that gets no support I will never over pay again.  Best yet when a couple of contracts end I am out of here.  .    

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Another small update tonight for the Note 4. No MM. Screw you AT&T!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

AND we get another security update today, but no marshmallow. Why not do all of te updates at once, instead of getting our hopes up when we see a update and it's not, and crashing us to the ground!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

ANOTHER security update and NO FRIGGIN' MARSHMALLOW. 

One would think that relentlessly paying the SECOND MOST EXPENSIVE wirewless company, would reward up with some perks... Certainly not to pay top dollar for the newest phones which is just about TWO operating systems *(with Android-N nearing beta) behind all google phones and most other carriers. 

Get it together AT&T.. Now that you have made us all pay full price for these phones and we have the ability to take them to whatever carrier we want... Don't make us play our hand. 

-mb

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.