For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

Let's go att, fix this issue.

tell us what your progress is, why people that root can fix their but everyone is left with broken gps

Explorer

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I'm going to try this later today, but I found directions for turning off LTE.

http://www.itjungles.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3-how-to-turn-on-off-4g-lte.html

To save the click

1. Just use the Phone app and dial “*#*#4636#*#*” to head to “Device info” mode.

2. After you enter Device info, switch LTE/GSM auto(PRL) to GSM only. This applied for versions SM-N9005, AT&T SM-N900A, T-Mobile SM-N900T, Canadian SM-N900W8.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Yeah, this is really frustrating.

Just got off the phone with ATT support.  He said this is the very first time he has heard of the issue and then said it is not an ATT problem, but rather, Samsung.  he put me on hold in order to contact Samsung, then relayed this from them:  make sure I am using the latest version of Maps, or use a different map application.

So, that was basically no help.  

I told him that there is an 8 page thread on this issue and that we're not hearing anything from ATT about it.  His response was that this is a totally different department.  

So, it is the classic corporate run around. 

ATT is blowing it here.

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

Changing the config to use GSM only doesn't work ... GPS still drops.

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

the only quick and dirty thing that works to date is to swith to "airplane" mode while driving and using the nav app (any flavor).  that at least stops the GPS from dropping, although you sacrifice any of the apps data, traffic updates, etc.

Explorer

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

So set the phone to GSM auto (PRL), and didn't loose GPS once on a 40 mile trip.  I usually loose it 4-5 times, and had a good lock the entire time.  I'm going to leave it this way for a while and see what come of it.  I don't have another trip until later in the week, but it may be a work around for anyone else that wants to try it. 

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

@ChangeMe8 WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? WHERE IS THE FIX? WHY ARE YOU NOT REPLYING TO ANYONE? THIS IS COMPLETE AND TOTAL {Inappropriate content removed}! THERE'S OBVIOUSLY AN ISSUE NOW GET IT RESOLVED!

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Just finished a survey regarding @ChangeMe8 and the Note 3. Sad what I had to say but that's what happens when a problem is discovered, a resolution found but NO ONE AT AT&T GIVES A CAN!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I started to notice the GPS signal lost frequently on Jan15th, does anyone start noticing problem arround that time? I was not even sure if all there were triggered by an auto update or n app that i installed.

BTW, do you guys think filing a complaint to consumer affairs bureau will draw more attention from att? Just saying

Explorer

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I've had my Note 3 since November and noticed the GPS issue around mid-January as well.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.