For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Nibiru's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 13th, 2013 3:41 AM

Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Android 4.4 (Kit-Kat) update

Any news when will Android 4.4 (aka Kit-Kat) be available for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 devices?

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

OK, So we got the KitKat update..  YAY..  Unfortunately, it still have Lookout security on it and as far as I can tell, no Knox icon in the Applications folder so I can not make use of Knox even if I wanted too.  Why on Earth Samsung lets the US carriers run roughshod over their devices like this I will NEVER understand.  This is one area where I WISH Samsung would copy Apple and distribute their updates directyly to users and bypass the carriers altogether.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

AT&T lie too much for me. I was told to turn off my phone and take the battery out for one minute and then turn on my phone and check for the update. What a waste of time.I'm going to T-Mobile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I have talked with ATT about the upate for Note 3 several times since last Thursday 3/27/14. I have not been able to get the update. They suggested that my phone could be faulty, sent me one today, and it didn't even have the previous update. Its hard too believe they are paying an entity to dispense the update, and they have no idea when, what is the priority, who is next, anything abot the update. ATT says its Samsung, Samsung says its ATT. Owners just left without recourse. Now I see why Apple will not let carriers touch there software/firmware. ATT has no clue.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hey guys, if you're still experiencing issues with the update or unable to update, please send us a private message by clicking here and our team will be happy to help. Please make sure to include your name, phone number, account number, IMEI and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

It's a month after the release and I still don't have the option to update? What's going on? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I see that everyone is clamoring for the 4.4.2 up for their note 3. DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!! ATT pushed the upgrade to me and it messed up my wi fi, email, and based on comments from other my battey life is probably going to take a hit. I have not had an opportunity to verify the battery claim yet. Spent significant time with ATT support yesterday and ended up with factory reset and currently restoring device now. Once you do the backup you cannot undo it.

Scholar

• 

124 Messages

10 years ago

I just saw that the update came out a couple days ago, so I went ahead and tried to see if I had an update. When I checked for the update, it said that my phone was up to date and that I have to wait 24 hours to check back. Everyone else seems to have gotten the update, why haven't I? Is there any way that I can force my phone to check for the update again? That way I don't have to wait 24 hours.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Android updates aren't universal. When new versions of Android are released, they're not immediately sent out to all devices. Heck, some devices don't get the updates AT ALL.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 that is still stuck on 4.2.2. Samsung, for whatever reason, refuses to release the update files for that device. The same is likely true for your S3. (S4 already has KitKat.)

I posted this same question at Android Central a while ago, and they go into more detail on why this problem persists.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-3/375434-why-wont-android-update.html

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.