For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
gledin's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, July 22nd, 2013 7:50 PM

Red light won't turn off after charging Galaxy S3

Hello!  I purchased my first smartphone, brand new S3, in April.  Everything has been great until a week ago.  After charging, the red light would not turn off even thought it was fully charged. Then the battery began to drain significantly faster, at a rate of 10% an hour, when it had been holding a charge for up to 3 days, depending on use. Even if the phone is completely turned off, it discharges at the same rate.  There have been no new downloads, additions, etc., to the phone, as it is used mainly for calls and texts, with the occasional internet use. No games or things like that.

Any and all, help, suggestion and tips would be greatly appreciated.  I do want to caution that I am not tech savvy when it comes to this phone.  Samsung has offered to replace the phone, but before doing that, I wanted to explore other options, if there are any.

Thank you!

Scholar

• 

130 Messages

11 years ago

Tried a new battery?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

No, I haven't tried that yet.  I don't have a spare on hand to see if that will do the trick.  Thanks for the reply.

I was also curious about maybe doing a reset to see if that might fix things.  I just thought I'd sound out this forum before trying anything in particular.

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

11 years ago

If you haven't done it yet, pull the battery for a few minutes and then put it back in and start the phone.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I have a very basic question about removing the battery...will I lose any of the photos I have taken with the phone?  I have a feeling I know the answer, but I just want to make sure, lol.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I went ahead and pulled the battery, waited a few minutes and put it back in, but no luck. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.