For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
rorw's profile

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

Monday, December 23rd, 2013 10:21 PM

Note 3 Issues, Impressions, and Wants.

I recently got the Note 3 on AT&T.  The device is solid, the screen stunning, and the experience largely positive.

Now for the issues.  AT&T seems to have, in ther infinite wisdom, removed or hidden some of the features and functions of the device.  One of them is the "Auto Factory Reset" option under the Lock Screen Settings.  (NOTE:  It only show up if you set the lock screen option to either pin or password.)  I can not for the life of me understand why AT&T would have hidden this option, but it looks like they did it on both the Note 3 and the S4.  It just boggles my mind.  Also, they have not issued an update for the Note 3's firmware / software apparently since it was released.  How do I know this?  The version of Knox on the device is still v1.0.  My S4 on VZW is running Knox 3.0.  That leads to the next thing.  Despite the AT&T specific documentation on Samsung's web-site stating that an icon for Knox should be under Apps, it clearly is not there.  I know that most people will not use Knox, but I want the option.  Also, the issue with the silver shield error messages that appear to be related to Knox?  I think that would be fixed if the software where updated in the OS build to the current version.

I know that AT&T wants to add their software to the device.  I accept that.  Heck, I even see value in some of the software and use it.  I just wish to heck that AT&T would release these devices without changing the option set on the device.  Stop changing it from what the manufacturer intended, please.  No, I don't want to root, side-load, or otherwise violate the integrity of the device.  I just want it to work the way the manufacturer intended.

Wants for X-Mas or the New Year:  A clean build for the Note 3 with all the functions that Samsung intended this device to have.  I don't even mind that the AT&T software is there.  I will even use some of it as I find value in it.  But, is it so much to ask for the core of the OS and the UI to be un-molested?  Please?

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, rorw!

Thanks for posting! We appreciate feedback from our customers, and I'll definitely make sure to pass along your comments.

If you think of anything else you'd like to add, please feel free to send me a message!

-Mariana

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

Many thanks for the response.  I certainly hope that someone can pick up the ball on this.  The run-around on these sorts of things between AT&T and Samsung is just maddening.

I suspect that they are not looking at doing a refreshed 4.3 build with 4.4 rumored to be coming to the Notes 3 and S4 in mid-January or early February.  But I sincerely hope they can address these and other issues with a software update soon.

Again, thank you for your time.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.