For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
meadsky6's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, February 25th, 2018 6:57 PM

Closed

Not receiving messages

Hello

I have a Google Pixel 2 XL fully updares. I'm being informed by multiple friends that I haven't received their MMS message, missing multiple messages on group chats and now just not receiving texts from 1 on 1 conversations. I thought it was the texting app but I downloaded a new one and same problem. What can I do?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

@smurfsriot, how were you able to get Google to send you a new phone? I chatted with them yesterday, and they basically told me it was probably a carrier issue...

I don't know who is responsible. Anecdotally, my fiance (who has a new iPhone X) has been in one of the group texts where I haven't been getting all the messages. He has AT&T also.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

@lg8789 - I didn't ask for it. I did the chat through the phone through settings>support&tips>chat - They asked what the issue was and I linked them this thread that we are on at these two Reddit threads https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/827l9s/pixel_2_att_mms_problems/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/81z8sv/missing_smsmms_anyone_heard_or_experienced_this/ - The Google rep then asked if I spoke to an AT&T rep, which I did and I got a new SIM card, then the Google rep said they approved me for a replacement device and sent me a link that expires within 72 hours to get a new device (credit card on hold until they receive the old one). I didn't ask for a replacement and actually told the Google rep I didn't want one. He insisted because there was nothing else he said he could do and since I already spoke to an AT&T rep he thinks it was a hardware issue. The whole chat lasted about 10 minutes and felt rushed; or rather, he just went straight to "replace device" instead of "troubleshoot current device".

I am of the mindset that this is not a hardware issue and is a software issue (Google) or network/communication issue (AT&T). I will take the new phone and the new SIM card to see if anything changes but I don't think this will fix anything. That said, as long as this does not cost me anything, I will try anything since this is incredibly annoying.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Adding myself to this list. Just got my pixel 2 last week and first noticed the problem in group chats with iPhone users but have come to find out I have been missing multiple messages with single users over different carriers. I have been on the phone with AT&T, technical support from Asurian, and visited AT&T store. Third party apps like Textra also not working correctly. I have resorted to communicating thru FB messenger for now but obviously that is not a long term solution as many friends/family are not on FB. AT&T please address this issue!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi there, 

Adding myself to the list. I have google pixel 2 and started noticing a few missed MMS messages at the end of Feb. I have since found out that I have missed a bunch of SMS individual texts. I have been talking with ATT support, and have done all the factory resets etc as advised. Still no solution. Please address this! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Adding myself to the list. It's been getting progressively worse the last two weeks. Going to call google and ATT tomorrow. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi, I have an LG G5 and I am randomly not getting my texts as well. Its starting to cause a lot of issues in my personal life. Ive called AT&T but they really had no solution. I'm very frustrated. 

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

This is so frustrating. I am not sure when I'll have time to call AT&T, but you bet I will do it when I have the chance.

@smurfsriot, that sounds pretty lame in terms of how the situation was handled! I would think many of us, who were perfectly happy with their phone and phone service before this started happening, would much rather just fix and keep their existing phone.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I have the same problem. I'm only able to receive "simple" short messages. Screen shots, photos, and random group text messages, long text messages do not get through to my phone. I'm able to send out group texts but not receive them. My pixel 2 xl feels like it is getting worse but for all I know this could have been a problem the entire time I've had it. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

@bonijoy Good luck with calling Google. They were nice and pleasant, but told me all the same things. Check APN, Delete Cache and Storage, factory reset and if all that fails it's your carrier. I haven't contacted ATT, but I dont even want to due to past experiences with them.

Anyone have any luck with resolving this issue?

I also noticed this happened with individual MMS from an iPhone today, not just in group chats. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Another update. 

I finally switched to Textra and had one person send me an image that didn't come through before and it did. I was excited to finally get MMS again, but tested it with one other person and their image never came through....even after switching to Textra, so switching your texting app is not a guarantee solve. 

This is a joke. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.