For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
montinskij's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 16th, 2016 7:25 PM

Not honoring 2 for 1 deal

I purchased back in February 2 for 1 deal. I purchased 2 Galaxy S6 phones along with data plans. The guy in the store told me it will take 1 to 2 billing cycles for plan to take effect. After 2 billing cycles nothing happened. I called AT&T several times every time got different story. Now I am in 5th billing cycle still no credit for a second phone. I will sue them for lies and false advertisement. Plain and simple.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

Did you mean February 12th?

Was at least one line a new line with ATT?

The requirements for the BOGO credits were very specific.

One line had to be new to ATT

The free phone had to be purchased with Next with 30 installments 

Both phones had to be the same and the 64 GB storage was excluded.

Did you meet ALL the requirements.  

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

8 years ago

In addition to the requirements mentioned above, also keep in mind that they "credits" are for the monthly NEXT installments, so if you do an early payoff on the free phone", then they will likely stop paying the credit, since the agreement will be paid off.

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

@montinskij

I hate to say it, but, quite simply, this promotion is not "lies," or "false advertisement."  Does it have very picky requirements?, Yes.  And, as @lizdance40 mentions, all requirements must be met in order to qualify for the credit.  I would go ahead and thoroughly read through those requirements and, after doing so, you find that you have, and you've got the documentation to prove it, please let us know and we'll direct you on what to do next.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I'm having the same issues. I did the buy one get one promo on Feb. 11th and still have not received any credit. I contacted AT&T in May and was told it would show on my next bill...well now they are saying it will show on July's bill. Promo was BOGO for a Galaxy device, up to $19.50/month credit. Must add a line to qualify and pay up to $58.50 before the credit kicks in.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

@Chrisnptown804

I looked up the promotion and keep finding the start day of February 12.  I can't verify it, but am concerned both you and the OP purchased before the promotion started.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Mine was the 12th...just typed the wrong date. The issue isn't with our dates, but the fact that AT&T tells you something different every time you call. I now only use chat and save all conversations.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

@Chrisnptown804. Send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare and complain.   

If it's a delay, it shouldn't happen.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am also a victim of ATT's bait and switch tactics on this BOGO promo. I was told by the sales representative at the ATT store, when I got the phones and new line of service back in December, that phones did NOT have to be identical to qualify for this offer. I called ATT in March (spoke to Danielle) to ask why I was still being billed for both phones. I was initially told that "free" doesn't really mean free...it just means you don't pay at the time you get the phones (but you do pay via monthly installments). After arguing for some time about the definition of "free", being put on hold several times, etc., I was finally told that I was correct, but that it takes 2-3 months to kick in, at which time I'd get a credit for the monthly installments already paid on the second phone, and the remaining balance on that phone would be zeroed out. It is now August, and I'm still paying on both phones. Complained about this via ATT chat, and got a new story...that I was not eligible for the BOGO because I didn't get identical phones. I have a copy of the web page that describes the offer, and makes no mention of such requirement, and, more importantly, I signed up with a sales agent doing exactly what he said I needed to do to qualify for this offer. I will now have to take this all back to the store and continue the fight to stop this corporate robbery...and that is exactly what it is!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.