For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
zipper_blues's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, January 18th, 2013 5:17 AM

No texts or calls at random times on S3

So I've had my S3 for a few weeks now and I've been having trouble not being able to receive calls and texts. I started a new thread because it appears to be a little different than the ones mentioned elsewhere and I have an additional question.

Problem goes like this:

I won't receive any texts for a few hours. No problem yet. I decide to text someone and VOILA! Five or more texts show up at the same time, all timestamped for different times. Also, the senders say that they are calling, but the phone did not ring and there is no indication of a missed call.

My questions: As this seems to be an Android/Jelly Bean issue than is not being resolved, I am not sure I want to trade it out for another Android device if this cant be fixed. Seeing as how I have had it for less than a month, Im thinking of either returning the phone with the service or swapping it with an iphone. Has any one else had any experience in this area and can offer advice?

Thanks in advance for your help,

tony

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am having the same problem. I just got a new phone (Samsung Galaxy Express) before Christmas and every since I got the phone I have been having delayed text messages and voice messages yet my phone never rings. It has become a problem. I even had a new phone sent to me thinking it was my device. The new phone is doing the same thing! I have never had this problem before with any other phone. How come AT&T can't fix this or have a fix since SO many people have this issue. I have been a customer for 15 plus yrs and I'd hate to have to switch phone carriers.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I am having the same problem.  I've had my Samsung Galaxy SIII since September 2012, but it's only been in the past month that I've had this problem.  Sporadically, calls will go to VM without ringing and texts will 'save up' and come in later or sometimes, not at all.  This is so frustrating and I'm not sure what to do about it.

I called ATT Customer Service to report that my phone didn't always ring.  The technician called my phone.  It rang.  She said that there must not be a problem or else she fixed it.  Grrr!

It is interesting to me that this only started recently.  So it seems that it must be a network issue.  I would love to have ATT read this forum and respond with fixes and/or suggestions.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.