For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
luchosfe's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, January 18th, 2013 12:20 PM

Motorola Atrix HD MB886 Subsidy locked!!!! CANT GET ASSISTANCE HELLPPPP!!!

When I turned my Motorola Atrix HD on first time it asked me for a unlock code, which I understood, was related to the SIM card PIN, so I entered it many times until I got a "Phone is subsidy locked. Please contact service provider. Only emergency calls are allowed" .

I call Motorola customer service and they confirmed the device they sent me was locked by AT&T (not unlocked as it was mine) and that the phone was asking me for the network code (not the PIN) unlock code. As I entered a wrong code too many times, my phone got "subsidy locked". Obviously, my phone company is not AT&T wireless.

I've been trying different options but so far no good results.

So I'm writing the case here with the expectation that somebody from AT&T (who are supposedly the owner of the blocking mechanism) can help me unlock the phone and/or take it to the original state so I can go and enter my code to unlock it.

Can you help me? Thanks,
Luis (Argentina)

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

It sounds like this phone is locked meaning that it can only be used with AT&T and cannot be used with another carrier. 

You can try contacting support http://www.att.com/econtactus/ to see if the phone is eligible for unlocking but it may not be.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Do you think buying a AT&T SIM card can make it work? Thanks for your answer!

Luis

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

If you are able to get and use AT&T service, yes. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Dear representatives of AT&T, could anybody answer on this question?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

No one knows to what to do to enter the unlock code when the phone is in the mode hardlok. Can we hear the answer to this question? I'm in another country and I have no way to contact the AT&T store

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

im in africa bought an atrix hd from an american tourist but the phone says subsidy locked every time i insert my sim card bought unlock code but have no option to enter it

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have the same issue.  Atrix HD is locked and does not provide the unlock code entry screen.  I have an active ATT SIM and waiting 6-12 hours does not help, per Motorola suggestion.  Can any one from ATT help??

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.