For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
jijibu's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 17th, 2018 4:31 PM

LG G5 H820 Oreo update outside US

Hello. Isn't there any way to update LG G5 H820 to Oreo outside US? I hope such big company like ATT won't be as low to limit it to only their carrier...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

One can update software outside the USA. From Canada for sure. First purchase an AT&T sim, then activate, no need to input your credit card details. The sim will activate if one inputs the required information on the first two AT&T web pages in the sim activation website; see AT&T prepaid activation guide for steps required and the explanation of each step. After the sim has been activated and installed in the AT&T LG phone the phone will connect to the AT&T server and it will update outside the USA. Again follow instructions on how to update software on an android phone. I have done this twice now to update and it works seamlessly in my case the Rogers network in Canada. I too contacted AT&T help in the past and received mixed information, finally one technical person confirmed that it is possible , several had informed me it was not possible. Hopefully this is helpful. I am updating to Oreo as I type.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Not true. One can update outside the USA provided one has a AT&T sim installed and activated.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.