For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
lhayes0113's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 27th, 2015 12:39 AM

LG G4 will not receive all group messages.

My LG G4 will not receive all my group messages (some go through fine). It asks me to download some messages, but then will not download them. Some of them even come through as anonymous and won't let me read them. PLEASE HELP this phone is brand new!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I have the exact same issue.  Been trying to trouble shoot it for over a month now.  I did find a solution that worked for a few weeks but for whatever reason, the issue has returned.  The default messaging app that came with the phone is actually not the messaging app that AT&T intended to have with the phone (yes I know this sounds strange).  There's an extremely subpar messaging app that AT&T developed that someone removed (I'm guessing LG) and replaced it with the one we currently have.  This original subpar messaging app would sync up with the even more subpar online messaging "Tool" AT&T developed.  This "tool" is so badly developed, it feels like something a college student wrote as their thesis project 10 years ago.  Here is the link: https://messages.att.net/     If you go to that site, you will see all your messages there, but whatever service/program AT&T is using, it is not pushing the messages to your phone.  Again, the solution that initially worked for me was to contact AT&T technical support (and you have to talk to a manager because shockingly, a regular tech person does not have the authority) and you have to disconnect yourself from the AT&T messaging/backup program.  I went about two weeks getting all my messages and none of those "Anonymous - Message not found" texts.  For whatever reason, Sunday it has started again and the problem has gotten worse.  So I'll try to find another solution.  And for those reading this, the messages not coming through are from both Iphone and Android users, on different networks.  (I've spent well over 15 hours on the phone with AT&T technical support to try and trouble shoot this)

[word filter avoidance]

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello there @lhayes0113,

Thank you for sharing with the AT&T Community the issue you have had with sending/receiving group messages.

There are two things that need to be working for Group Messages to work properly:

1. From your phone, go to: Settings>Applications>Messages. Here you would want to ensure that under Multimedia Messages that “User MMS to send a single message when there are multiple recipients” is checked.
  2. You want to ensure your phone has access to mobile data.  You can test out mobile data connectivity by disabling Wi-Fi from your phone and see if you can access att.com/ttr from your mobile browser

Thank you!
Charise

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Hi Charise, 

I have already tried your solution - it did not work.  Some of the other things I have tried, along with a representative from tech support, have been:  

1. A factory reset

2. Installing the AT&T messaging app that was supposed to be installed

3. Trying other messaging apps

4. Allowing the tech remote access to my phone

5. Using a new sim card

6. Opening 3 seperate case files

None of them worked.  The only other option the tech support team told me was to get a new phone sent to me, but I already passed the 14 day grace period and I didn't want a refurbished phone.  Again, the only solution that seemed to work for a short period of time was opting out of the AT&T message back up service.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I too am having this issue.

I have already de-registered my phone number from apple.

I have logged into my apple accounta and completely REMOVED my phone number off my profile.

I have all the settings correct.

I do not get responses from iphone users in group messaging.

If my group message going out goes to a mixture, I will receive responses as individual texts.

If my group message it just to iphone users, I get NO response.

I also receive anonymous messages.

This is my business, and is very upsetting.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I followed your instructions as well Charice, and it still doesn't work.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Has there been any progress on a solution for this? This is clearly a significant flaw in the messaging app. Maybe if you guys didn't cram so much bloatware on these things and made sure the apps people use every day actually worked there would happier customers.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I found a solution... I think.. Although in the business world, this is VERY unprofessional and I felt like a total loser having to ask my over 700 team members/ clients to do this.  I got several "You should just switch back to Apple."  Interesting.  Just switch back to the company that caused this problem in the first place.  Nope.

1. All my contacts had to delete ALL message threads that had me in it when I previously was an iPhone user.

2. They had to make sure in my contact info on their phone it says "mobile" next to my phone number and not iPhone.

3. Make sure their SMS and MMS is on. 

4. De-registered my phone number with Apple.

5. Also logged into my Apple account, and removed my phone number altogether from that account.

6. Changed the password on my Apple account.

It's a combination problem...  Apple believes once we use an apple device, then our phone number then belongs to them.  Android etc, hasn't been able to figure out code to override Apple after the fact once we switch to Android.  AT&T acts like the neutral 3rd party teenager that refuses to get involved in the drama.

Good luck everyone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Drew

I'm having the same issues and sounds like we've been getting the same run around.  I was actually able to get someone in the cancellation department to send me a brand new replacement, and surprise surprise- I still have the same issue  (I was not surprised, both phones had the same manufacture date, so I expected there would be absolutely no difference).  Whether it's ATT or the G4 someone needs to get their act together and have some kind of firmware update that resolves this problem. 

My solution is that I'll be switching to sprint and utilizing their cut your bill in half promo as well as their "we'll pay your termination fees" promo to get a phone/service that actually works.  Then sell or trade in the G4.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Work at AT&T and have seen this frustrating problem. 

The fix we believe works is simple after trying everything on the forums. 

Enter the messaging app.  In the messaging app, you will open the settings (three dots in the top right), then you will open the settings again (three dots in the top right), and it will give you the only option as Reset Settings. Hit reset settings and back out to the main screen and it should be fixed.  We did this for a customer and it appeared to fix the problem...Finally.

Good luck! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I dont have the option of RESET settings!  any thoughts ?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.