For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
kdjunc's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 27th, 2016 6:13 PM

LG G4 screen locks after phone call

I have an LG G4. I recently received the marshmellow update. Since then, the screen has, at times, been unresponsive. After almost every phone call is done, the screen remains blacked out and will not respond to touches. I am unable to hang up from the call. I have tried pressing the on/off button, holding it down, doing that while swiping the screen...  All without success. When I hold down the on/off button, I can feel the phone vibrate when the prompts for "restart", "turn off", & "turn on airplane mode" should come on. Also, a few times, when I have received a call, the screen has remained blacked out while the phone was ringing, so I was unable to answer.

Any solutions?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

I'd try flusing the cache partition, I know it's sort of standard rhetoric, but it does tend to solve things like this, fairly often, and it's relatively harmless.

It also tends to fix stuff you might not be noticing, such as Bluetooth artifacts, WiFi DNS bad cached values, etc.

https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tutorial.html#!/interactive/id/interactive_1500004128?make=LG&model=G4H810

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you for the info, pgrey. I'll try it out and see if it solves my issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Guys. Guys. I solved it. I read it on a different post. The solution is to removed the screen cover. After I removed the stiff glass cover, I tested it by calling back the same number I had just called which would cause my screen to blank out and this time it did not blank out. Please remove the screen cover and try it. It works! Best wishes to you. Oz

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.