For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Djaymes13's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, October 1st, 2016 4:44 PM

LG G4 Boot Loop after 9/30 Update

My LG G4 just started boot looping today after the software update that was just released on Sep 30th. My warranty ended at the end of July and I don't have insurance so what options do I have at this point?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I haven't done the most recent update yet, but with a previous update earlier this year I had the same (or at least very similar) issue. I did a factory reset and restore from a backup, and that actually made my phone work better than it did before.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

How can you do a backup if the phone is stuck in a boot loop?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I did the update... Im scared to turn my phone off or restart it I don't want it to bootloop like it did once before

Note: LG-H810

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

The update should be done automatically, unless you disabled it, or never linked to an account.  Android is good like that, at least most OEM flavors (really all phone OS in current versions), they do a backup regularly, as long as you have an account associated.

Those of you who did the reset, the restore should "just happpen", once you reconfigure with the same account (again, assuming it was set up to begin with).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I updated today, it worked after it updated but once it needed to charge it turns on to boot loop and stops doing anything but stay on and drain the battery.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Any update as too if this will happen to all the g4 phones?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.