For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
stopbloatware's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 8th, 2014 1:52 PM

How do you uninstal 4.3 update

Hi how do you remove this "update". I want my data toggle button back. Stop draining my battery with all this stuff. Give me the option to install it or remove it. Every time I think these updates are going to extend my battery they end up making it worse putting unwanted software on my phone.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

Reverting to an older Android version is not typically allowed on stock devices.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Since Update:

1. My phone keeps redownloading every email attachement over and over again.  YES I've checked the download attachements is not selected. Etc. Etc.

2. My phone no longer accepts my microsd even though I can view over the Motorobo software tool, it works on other phones and I even reformatted it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

They aren't re-downloading, you're just getting the notification of the old download over and over.   You can find the solution on this post.  http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/What-are-these-after-upgrade-S3-to-Android-4-3/m-p/3859413#M48663 

"Go to the downloads app and clear everything out. If that doesn't work, go to settings > more  > application manager > swipe over to all > scroll down to download manager and clear the cache."

This does not delete your downloads, it just deletes the notifications of your old downloads.  Once you clear your download notification history, you should't have the issue anymore.  Do note that the Download app has a couple of tabs for different kinds of downloads; you'll need to clear each list under each tab.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I find it troubling that the original poster's question was not answered and yet the community accepted solution is not helping solve the problem.

While the answer may be "its not possible", it's not that clear with the word "typical".

Is there an exception so it is possible?

How does redpoint73's response help the person with the problem? Don't solutions solve problems?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

@notanotherusernameplease wrote:

I find it troubling that the original poster's question was not answered and yet the community accepted solution is not helping solve the problem.

While the answer may be "its not possible", it's not that clear with the word "typical".

How does redpoint73's response help the person with the problem? Don't solutions solve problems?

To the best of my knowledge, the only way to uninstall a software update is to root your phone, which I do not condone by any means. Rooting can be fairly risky if you don't know what you're doing. Be aware that rooting your device also voids any warranty that may remain on the device. 

Rooting is still not 100% guaranteed to work in regards to rolling back a software update. While I have never personally rooted nor hacked with any form of an electronic device, I have heard that it is a fairly challenging process as far as finding the necessary files and information to complete the process - if it can even still be done at all due to its lack of credibility. 

I know that Apple did not allow iOS users to downgrade from iOS 7 when it was first released unless they had previously saved a particular file to their computer within the first week or so that would allow the update to be revoked. I'm not sure if Android operates in the same way in regards to a certain time window to uninstall the update. 

In short, I believe it's possible, but it's not necessarily a piece of cake.

Hope this helps to clarify any uncertainty you may have. 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Unfortunately you CANNOT as of right now, according to XDA developers  root a samsung Galaxy running the 4.3 OS because of the KNOX security program running on Phone. You are basically screwed until Samsung and AT&T releases a Patch. I have been on the phone with them alot... they will not fix, replace, or do anything free. dont even try, they are horrible. 

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, everyone!

Thanks for posting. If you're still experiencing battery drain issues after updating to 4.3, please send me a PM by clicking here with your contact information and your IMEI.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

@notanotherusernameplease wrote:

While my response did not address the battery drain issue (which can have a variety of causes, and therefore there is going to be no "silver bullet" solution - its also been discussed ad nauseum in other threads on this forum) it answered the question "how do I uninstall 4.3", which is that you can't.

I say "typically" and "stock devices" since it can't be done unless you have root.  

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

For my first experience with AT&T the total B*S* of rushing out the 4.3 update has me waiting for my contract to expire. 4 months later and no fix for the major problems. I get some music player randomly deciding to play a song. Always the same song and no player shows as running in the process list. I cannot add contacts to a group without it crashing. Switching between WiFi & cell is ridiculous & have found it faster to just reboot.
Counting the days and will never recommend this company.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.