For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
AXP011's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013 3:30 AM

HTC one x + . APN settings not editable - Grayed out

Hi All,

I bought an HTC One x+ from someone . I was trying to edit the APN setting by navigating to

Settings --> Mobile Data --> Access Point Names. But unfortuinately I can't edit the settings. Does anyone know whether its the way or something wrong with the phone?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

The AT&T APN is intentionally locked from being edited.  If you want to enter a different APN, you should be able to add a new one (hit Menu button and select New APN), and enter all the settings manually.  Then be sure to actually select that APN as being the "active" one (otherwise it will stay on the default APN).

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you redpoint!

BTW the "Access point names" itself grayed out and also there is no menu button available for "Mobiloe network settings" .

Do I need to have the sim inserted for making it enable?

my current sim is standard size and do not want to cut it at this point 🙂

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

You need to have active service to edit and view this information.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

My phone was accidentally reset, so I must reenter the APN settings. However, as stated above the APN settings are grayed out. How can I reenter the APN settings told to me to do?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

The Menu button is not showing.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Where is the Menu button??? It is not showing anywhere other than in Apps, but that does not give me the option to create a new APN.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.