Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 18, 2011
8:23:51 PM
View profile
HTC Inspire - Removing Facebook contacts

How the heck do I get rid of all of my facebook contacts??  I don't want them in my phone book.

How the heck do I get rid of all of my facebook contacts??  I don't want them in my phone book.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 30, 2011 10:54:58 AM
(0)
Scholar
Two options:

1.) Go to Settings>Accounts & Sync, then select Facebook under accounts, check do not sync.

OR

2.) Go into the Facebook app, then press your menu button. Choose settings, change the sync option to Do Not Sync.

Please select as an option if this works for you, that way other users having this issue can locate the solution. Thanks and hope this helped! ;D
Accepted Solution

HTC Inspire - Removing Facebook contacts

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 19, 2011 7:47:46 PM
(0)
Guru

You might start by reading the HTC Inspire manual., starting on about page 75 (Accounts & sync). Are you using

"Facebook for the HTC Sense," or "Facebook for Android?"  These are two separate apps., and perform quite differently.

Perhaps you might share a little more detail?

You might start by reading the HTC Inspire manual., starting on about page 75 (Accounts & sync). Are you using

"Facebook for the HTC Sense," or "Facebook for Android?"  These are two separate apps., and perform quite differently.

Perhaps you might share a little more detail?

Re: HTC Inspire - Removing Facebook contacts

2 of 6 (4,024 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2011 12:36:23 PM
(0)
Contributor

Honestly, I don't know

Both of them show up in my applications list.  Which one do i want?

How do I pick?

Honestly, I don't know

Both of them show up in my applications list.  Which one do i want?

How do I pick?

3 of 6 (3,994 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2011 12:44:32 PM
(0)
Guru

For the Facebook contacts to be showing up, you HAD to use initially one of the applications. You already "picked" an app.    If you don't have the Inspire manual, you can 'Google' and download the 206 page manual. Read from about page 75 to 90. That should reveal to you how you put the contacts on your phone (synching, etc).

"Scienticia est potentia"... knowledge is power    Smiley Surprised

For the Facebook contacts to be showing up, you HAD to use initially one of the applications. You already "picked" an app.    If you don't have the Inspire manual, you can 'Google' and download the 206 page manual. Read from about page 75 to 90. That should reveal to you how you put the contacts on your phone (synching, etc).

"Scienticia est potentia"... knowledge is power    Smiley Surprised

4 of 6 (3,994 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2011 2:31:04 PM
(0)
Professor

kkm1212 wrote:

Open your contatcs list, open menu, open view, uncheck facebook(s).

kkm1212 wrote:

Open your contatcs list, open menu, open view, uncheck facebook(s).

5 of 6 (3,982 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 30, 2011 10:54:58 AM
(0)
Scholar
Two options:

1.) Go to Settings>Accounts & Sync, then select Facebook under accounts, check do not sync.

OR

2.) Go into the Facebook app, then press your menu button. Choose settings, change the sync option to Do Not Sync.

Please select as an option if this works for you, that way other users having this issue can locate the solution. Thanks and hope this helped! ;D
Two options:

OR

6 of 6 (3,851 Views)
Solution