For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
the-beard's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 15th, 2013 4:59 PM

Galaxy s3 android update to 4.3

So I am a little bothered that I havent seen this topic on the front page with how popular the S3 was/is. The AT&T support staff tells me to check with samsung. Is this something we should look forward to or will it be skipped? Since we no longer can upgrade after 18 months it would be nice to at least get the newest software on time.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I got an OTA update last week (or two weeks ago, perhaps) for Android 4.3, shortly after (~6 weeks I think) getting an update to 4.x (can't recall which number it was, but it was less than 4.3) 

The 4.3 update has completely screwed my phone:

• Slowness issues
  • Home screen repaints icons noticeably slowly 
  • There are now sticky notifications of two downloads that happened BACK IN MARCH. No matter how many times I click on clear, they come back almost immediately
  • HUGE BATTERY DRAIN. THE BATTERY COMPLETELY DEPLETES AFTER 2 HOURS AT MOST, WHICH DIDN'T HAPPEN BEFORE THIS STUPID UPDATE
  • Battery stats shows the drain is because of an app that I completely doubt did anything. When I uninstalled such app Android is now blaming Android system (or something like that), and the battery drain continues
  • etc.

Checked that there is no newer update. Also, installed Kies 3.0 and it tells me my OS is not supported for updates via Kies either.

PLEASE HELP ME

TELL ME HOW TO WIPE OUT THIS UPDATE AND GO BACK TO THE STOCK ORIGINAL ROM (4.1.1 I think). I DON'T WANT TO HAVE THIS UPDATE IN MY PHONE AND I AM GOING TO BLOCK ALL AT&T UPDATES AFTERWARDS

Thanks and sorry for the caps!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi VishD, did you receive the update? I am checking my phone daily manually for software update and it still keeps telling me 4.1.2 is the latest software.

Can anyone please help? I am non-AT&T customer residing outside the US. Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I would also like to know how to get rid of this. My galaxy has so many problems now.

Mentor

• 

85 Messages

10 years ago

Ever since i downloaded the 4.3 update two days ago my GS3 is screwing up as well. The main problem seems to be that after I charge the phone it goes into silent mode. All the noticiations and volume controls are turned on. I  just cant hear any sound. Vibrate function also has stopped working. I have triple checked all the settings to make sure everything is turned on and still nothing. I hate this . Any help

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

@creeperzmom wrote:
I would also like to know how to get rid of this. My galaxy has so many problems now.

You can't "roll back" your Android version unless you are willing to root.

And anyone with random issues on any OTA needs to do a factory reset before you can conclude the issue is the update itself, and not conflicts with your pre-existing settings and apps.  Yes, this update probably has some problems.  But at least some (sometimes most) issues after an OTA can be solved by simply doing a factory reset.  Yes, its a pain to have to backup your data (and if its at all important to you, you should be backing it up anyway!) and setup the phone again.  And idealogically, we shouldn't have to resort to this.  But its a fact of life on these devices.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I am having the same problem after my GS3 was updated OTA to v 4.3...It seems that I can add new contacts, delete contacts ok, but when I try to edit the GROUP for a contact, I get the msg that 'contacts has stopped'. My wife also has the GS3, but has not gotten the update to 4.3 and editing GROUPS within contacts still works just fine. I have not found a solution. I would rather live with this problem than do a RESET.

mike

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I did a factory reset on my phone and now it does not work at all. I have had the same problems with the new update which came into my phone about three days ago. I had 25+ downloads that keep popping up in the notification bar, most of my apps started crashing, rebooting the phone became tedious, if I downloaded something the 25+ old downloads would come right back; answering calls were difficult and I missed them because I could no longer slide to answer. So...I backed up everything on my phone...I did the factory reset. And, guess what? Now my phone does not even come on. The phone attempts to come on, remains on the white screen with the AT&T globe and gets hot as I don't know what. I was told I needed to get it flashed, I took it into the store and they cannot do anything with my phone either...now I have no PHONE!! REALLY?! I refuse to pay the deductable for the insurance replacement when I did not jack up my phone like this and murder it. This is crazy. Updates should NOT be released without ensuring they will not damage or kill a customer's device. I have NO clue what to do now.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Try downloading the Keis software on your personal PC or Laptop and attempt a phone recovery. I regret I did not learn about it before factory resetting my phone and now not being able to use it at all.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have the same issues. After 4.3 update my S3 is freezing often. Dial pad goes unresponsive. Apps are breaking. Sometime notification panel and/or Lock screen is getting stuck and no further actions can be done, I just need to remove battery out and restart the system. Calls sometime doesnt display the Contact details as it gets freezing. Battery drain and several other issues also needs fix. Pls fix it and send us the updat.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have not even seen this update and its almost few mouths later I called att and they don't know know what am talkimg about so theu told me too call samsung They said they can't do anything that att has to send me the update
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.