For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
xamadeix's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, November 13th, 2013 3:46 PM

Galaxy S4 - 4.3 Update

Best buy says November 13th, Has anyone gotten the update yet? I know it's still early..

Guru

• 

309 Messages

10 years ago

@Tailgunner747 wrote:

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s4-att-update-317818/

Isn't it odd how it's the AT&T version that's experiencing the issues? Must be that Yellow Pages app that's not playing nicely with 4.3! Smiley Very Happy

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

@kenfb1 wrote:

Hi,

Go to App Manager and turn off Lookout,

Ken

Ken,

I was running Lookout before the update with no problems.  When I long press on the notification, it takes me to the app info and it says "Knox Notification Manager".  Are Knox and Lookout connected?

Thanks

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

10 years ago

Hi,

Yeah, not sure how, but the two apps are definitely connected.

You can turn off Lookout, but you can't shut off or disable 3 Knox

apps that are always running.

Ken

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

10 years ago

Nexus phones are like I phone and do not have slot for memory card. Just so you know.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

@kenfb1 wrote:

Hi,

Yeah, not sure how, but the two apps are definitely connected.

You can turn off Lookout, but you can't shut off or disable 3 Knox

apps that are always running.

Ken

Well,  I cleared the caches on all 3 of the knox apps and so far no more notifications.  I didn't touch Lookout.  I guess I'll see...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Yes it will. I was one of the unfortunate souls who accepted the update to 4.3 before AT&T yanked it. Factory reset no help. Lots of issues. All sporadic, but irritating. The Data toggle has gone from the notification panel. I downloaded Notification Toggle (free) from the Play store, and it works like a charm. Puts a data toggle right in the notification shade. Also a host of other toggles, but the only other one I use is Recent Apps, which saves wear and tear on the Home button.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

Has anybody besides myself noticed reduced battery life on the S4 with

Android 4.3? Also I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but it seems to me like tap to speak voice recognition miss recognizes more words or misses more words all together with 4.3 then it did with 4.2.2

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

I was one of the new people with the Galaxy S4 that downloaded the 4.3 update before it was pulled. I received a notice for a new OTA update (38mb) to patch the issues. I also saw that other people owning the S4 were receiving the updated OTA 4.3 update. 

Go to: Settings->More->About Device-> Software Update 

Current Baseband version is now: JSS15J.I337UCUEMK2

http://www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdateArticle.jsp?sid=KB419415&cv=820#fbid=If3WfpO3fPl 

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

You sure it wasn't 28.07MB? Mine was. Still no Knox and the light trail on the lock screen and mobile network toggle are still MIA, but at least I get wifi now, and apps on the SD card now have icons again. Time will tell if this helps the awful battery life and dropped calls from the last 4.3 update.
Just have to add, ATT really need to speak to their employees more. Called them this morning listing all my problems and a warranty replacement is on it's way as I type this. Nice gesture, but had those in the know communicated this update to them or us customers, I wouldn't have called and a pointless replacement wouldn't be sat on a DHL truck right now.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

Scratch my update on SD apps having icons. They do - until you restart or update them, then it's back to the old gray icon. I might just take that replacement if it has 4.2.2...
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.