For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
fishnut21's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, June 13th, 2013 4:58 PM

Galaxy S II Jelly Bean Update - Removing home double tap feature (Vlingo/Voice Command)

After upgrading to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on my Samsung Galaxy S II, how can I remove the home button double tap feature that opens Vlingo/Voice Command? I absolutely hate it and it causes inexplainable frustration with the ridiculous delay of hitting the home button which in turn causes me to impatiently hit it again which then brings up the stupid program and starts talking to me (even in Silent mode which is another problem). I don't care if I can get rid of the program or not; I just want to disable the home double tap feature completely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Open S Voice and hit the menu button, settings and from there disable Open via Home Key.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

The problem is that I don't have S Voice on the Galaxy S2. It still has Voice Command by Vlingo and I can't find such an option in this program.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I'm Not totally sure how I did it but I think maybe because I used Go Launcher and put Voice Talk into a tools folder then uninstalled go launcher...I didn't think I had accomplished anything(I also tried a couple of other launchers which said they had failed in their attempts at uninstalling Voice Talk) but once I got back to jelly bean interface double tap no longer brings up voice talk:):) (ps I hate voice talk!) pss. Sorry I can't pinpoint how I did it, but good luck; there is yet hope(it drove me nuts on ICS till I got rid of it with go launcher too)...happy now even though it's an hour and a half past my bed time

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

This was annoying me, too.  And I haven't found a way to disable this.

However, I was able to disable the voice prompt, so at least when I double-tap the home key and Voice Command starts up, it no longer says "What would you like to do?"

In Voice Talk, tap Menu, Settings, scroll down and select "Voice talk settings" at the bottom, and scroll down to "Speak prompts" and de-select that option.  I also de-selected "Wake-up command" and other auto-launch features since I never use Voice Talk.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Hi fishnut21.

I upgraded my SII to JellyBean the other day and had the same issue. So freaking annoying!!!

Anyway, this is what I did and it worked for me:

1. Go to Settings > Applications Manager > scroll across to 'All' tab

2. Go into the 'Voice Command' application and disable.

3. Go into the 'Google Search' application and disable.

If you dont do step three, Google voice dialer would appear which is just as annoying as the Vlingo/Voice Command.

Hopefully this helps 🙂

Regards,

Tranman

[edited for privacy]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.