For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
nini66213's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 1:43 AM

Galaxy Note I717 getting Jelly Bean update

When will the Samsung Galaxy Note I717 be able to receive the Jelly Bean update? I have been having so many issues with my phone right now, after I got the ICS update. Thanks

Scholar

• 

66 Messages

11 years ago

I posted how to go back to ICS...but it was removed...ooops im a bad boy....lol

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I find it odd that we, the community, are scrounging for ways to help our batterylife (such as shutting down phone functionality that may use too much power) rather than the vendors solving the problem as a whole.  I have read a multitude of suggestions of what apps and features I should shut down or minimize.  That is fine but kind of invalidates the purpose of us buying a expensive smart phone.  If I need to spend an hour findingin out what to shut down and then everytime  I need to use that feature, I have to go into the settings to turn it back on then I guess my answer to the battery life question is:   

Turn off your phone until you need it.  It is much more simple than diving into the phone settings every day and mucking with them. 

I realize that is a insane suggestion and I hope everyone understands that I am being sarcastic.  I miss the good old flip phone days when you simply called and sent messages and a phone could last 4-5 days before charging. 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

Jelly Bean came pre installed in my N7105. Just today I recieved another update!

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

I posted this at the beginning of the month, so I apologize for the repeat but we want to make sure everyone has seen it. 

Everyone, 

If you're having issues with your device since updating to Jelly bean, please send a Private Message to us with your phone's IMEI, your wireless number, and the details of the issue.

We want to work effectively to resolve issues and improve any future updates. 

Thank you! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Okay, I private messaged you yesterday with the required information.  When should I expect a response?  

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi bryanoulton,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you soon.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

According to:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB414837&cv=820&title=Update%20the%20Software%20for%20the%20Samsung%20Galaxy%20Note%20%28i717%29#fbid=JkRgm7vjZWK

It lists the following:

Software update includes

• Popup note: Allows user to instantly write down directions, phone numbers, and other information while on a call.
  • Popup Video and Browser: Allows user to watch video or browse the web while performing other tasks.
  • Photo note and frame: Allows user to write down notes on the front and back of a photo.
  • Easy clip: Allows user to crop an image from any screen and save or share easily.
  • Paper artist: Provides an emotional & aesthetic photo editing experience.
  • Handwriting on S planner and email: Handwrite memos or send handwritten notes via email.
  • Enhanced S note: More effects & templates were added.

So lets break this down by numbers for each bullet:

1: If by Popup note you mean the floating SNote, then sure, this is included, but its a part of SNote, why make it its OWN entry???

2: THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT!!! There IS the Popup Video! HOWEVER AT&T FORGOT to include the Popup Browser! I searched everywhere for this before stumbling on a post on the XDA forum's that said after getting the update from KIES or OTA, and opening the update up, the PopupBrowser.apk is NOT there... HOWEVER it is for both COMPETING carriers that have released the Jelly Bean update for the Origional Galaxy Note... FIX THIS AT&T!!!

3: Where is this feature? I was sure this was going to be a part of the PhotoEditor.apk but... WHAT IS THAT... ITS MISSING, just like the PopupBrowser.apk! Wow AT&T, your on a ROLL, sadly, its down the hill called FAILURE!

4: Its there, but... again, no PhotoEditor!

5: Great, its there... wait what? I hit edit photo in the Gallery and it takes me there and not to the.. oh wait, thats right, PhotoEditor.apk is missing, so you can edit it with PaperArtist or NOTHING ELSE (sure you can download stuff to edit photo's from the Android Market, and I did, but all the nice easy to use features of PhotoEditor are NOT INCLUDED)...

6:  S Planner, On all other devices I have seen, it literally says S Planner, but on the i717 it just says Calendar, I know its supposed to be an upgrade to the Calendar provided by Samsung, but you cant tell from the notes or from first glance in the Calendar app... is it even here, from what I can tell, it does NOT seem to be!? (looks like it, but who knows with what is already missing what else could be wrong!!!) Same goes for the eMail app! (whats that 4 missing pieces?)

7:  Besides the fact that S Memo transition for me failed, and my device lists two DIFFERENT version's of S Note when viewing the Apps in the app list (not drawer, but the Settings > App menu), GREAT, still love it, always will!

I have other issues, but considering this is the OFFICAL release article, I cant expect AT&T to fix anything NOT listed until they fix what IS listed!

Also, for the record, I contacted AT&T TWO WEEKS ago for a fix or clairification on this, and got told I would be contacted by Tuesday at the latest since it was Friday afternoon, still got nada...

AT&T, least I got what I expected!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Don't bother contacting ATT per customer service rep instructions above.  You'll get an email saying they didn't know about the issue (despite this thread and other documented cases on the web), there's nothing they can do to help, and they'll contact Samsung. 

If you do point out that degraded Galaxy Note performance due to JB update is a known issue or you send a follow up email, they will not answer you, even if your emails list facts in a very respectful and professional manner. 

Not only do you get untested software with ATT, you get terrible customer service!  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Just sent a PM, hope they can help. My phone is pretty much useless in it's current state.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Well I went to the local AT&T service center with my Note and told them I need the OS reinstalled because it's worse than it was under ICS.  They told me that AT&T is aware of the problems with Jelly Bean on the Note and have issued instructions to roll back to ICS.  Hmmm.  So I told them go ahead and do that.  This was already a replacement Note since my original one had to get replaced 10 months into the game.  After the phone was reflashed, I walked into the ajoining AT&T phone store and told them I would like to have an early upgrade without any penalty because the Note is obviously a flawed piece of equipment.  I pointed out that I am a long time customer and have a family plan which results in heaft monthly payments.  After a 1 minute talk with his manager I was offerred two options: 1.  wait a few days to get the phone of my choice shipped to me or 2. get it immediately in the store if I also bought a Samsung Tab 2.  Then they also offerred to purchase my Note as a trade in.  Well now we were talking.  I got $134 for my Note which made the Tab 2 cost $65 and got an early upgrade to the Galaxy S4.  I switched to the family data plan ans even adding on the Tab 2 to the plan lowered m monthly payments by $20.

Now here is the best part.  I have now had the S4 for over a week and I find it to be perfect.  JB works great, all the features are as advertised and here is the best part:  when the phone sleeps in between uses, it sleeps very well.  The battery doesn't drain down when you aren't doing anything.  Today the phone has been going for over 10 hours and I has used it quite a bit and I'm at 44% on the battery.  On the days that I have barely used it I would be at 60 + % or higher at the same time.  Not bad.  With the Note I would be at 80 % within the first hour or so.

So my experiment with the Note is over.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.