For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
amberj's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 6:22 AM

Dissatisfied with AT&T Customer Reps in store during phone upgrade

Aloha, 

I went into my local store to upgrade my iPhone.  I was considering the 7 or the 7plus and was apprehensive about getting the 7plus due to the size.  The two representatives that were in there informed me that other than the camera, there was not any difference.  I mentioned to them that I take a lot of social media pictures from my phone, so wanted the best option.  The representative told me that unless I was wanting to shoot long distances the 7 would be perfectly fine.  So I decided on the 7.  As they were unwrapping the box and setting up my new phone, another female customer came in.  She asked to speak to a manager as she had just upgraded her phone a week ago to a 7 and wanted to trade it for a 7plus.  Overhearing her conversation, she seemed to be told the same information, that they told her that the 7 was just as good as the 7plus, but after playing on her friends 7plus, she realized how big of a difference the camera was.  This threw a red flag for me immediately and I told the rep that I'd rather have the 7plus, which he told me I could not do as he had already opened the box of the new 7.  Obviously, these representatives are not trained to inform the clients on the best decision for their phone needs.   After now using one of my friends 7plus phones, the camera has better usage of up close photos (most of which I do) rather than of just long distance (as I was told in the store).  As I can assure you have two customers who are dissatisfied with their upgrade experience in this situation, I advise that you implement better training for your on-floor staff.  Bummed.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@amberj If it's been less than two weeks, take it back, pay the $45 restocking fee and return it. 

Get the phone that you want!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.