Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
bcrsr's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, April 13th, 2011 1:15 AM

Coming from EVO on Sprint to Inspire on AT&T

So, I left Sprint due to pathetic customer service. Sprint phone/data service was ALWAYS excellent. I don't want to start a carrier bashfest here so I will lay out some of the issues I have with the handset. I should say that the customer service has been great so far here with AT&T. I hope it stays that way. Also, I should state up front, that I am Android experienced individual, so I am not a noob here. Now, on to the Inspire...

1. Battery gets leeched to death from AT&T bloatware with no simple way to remove it on a permanent basis and no fix or solution from AT&T. Sales people are clueless here and say that there is nothing wrong with the phone. They are correct, it's AT&T software, but offer no solution.

2. No default visual voicemail application and when a voicemail is left on the handset, the number that is displayed is the number you call to retrieve your voicemail.

3. Phone restarts itself at random. Not sure what this is about, but in fairness, it only happens on one of two handsets loaded with the same apps, purchased from the same store on the same date. Could be hardware issue...

4. Speakerphone is almost useless. Tinny sounding and low volume level even at maximum.

5. Lastly, the profoundly stupid decision to keep me from loading non-market applications on the phone that I have purchased and own.

If ANYONE has any fix or solutions other than "root your phone" or "switch ROM's", please post them. I am just about ready to return this Inspire and get the iPhone because my kids have 3GS's and they only have to deal with #5 above and I can live with that.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

I was looking at the specifications for the HTC Aria and Inspire yesterday and noticed that they both had the same battery mAh size. I can't imagine trying to squeeze a day's worth of charge out of the 4.3" Inspire when I could barely get a full day from the 3.2" Aria.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.