For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
tucson146's profile

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

Sunday, September 11th, 2011 6:58 PM

Captivate and gmail address

I'm quite familiar with computers,  however these smart phones have a new learning curve about them.

I bought 2 Captivates 5 days ago and I am trying to learn the ins and outs.  I bought them at Costco and they were very helpful, and transferred our phone directories from Verizon with out a hitch,  everything came through perfectly.  But, the tech guy reversed the 2 gmail accounts between my phone and my wife's phone.  I have since added my gmail to my phone and her gmail to her phone, but if I try to delete the unnecessary gmail account,  a message appears that says the phone will be set back to factory defaults.

I assume this will erase what I have established in the devices, downloaded apps, and  especially our phone directories and maybe other things I am not aware of at this point.  Is there any way around this to eliminate the wrong gmail on both our phones.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Bill

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

13 years ago

I'm not an expert, but you can download a free or pay backup app, backup your installed apps and user data, reset device to factory settings, square away the gmail accounts, then restore from your backup the additional apps and data.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

But paid apps are tied to your gmail account. There is no way around this.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

13 years ago

p.s. pull your external sd card after backup and before factory reset; then insert before restore.

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks to all that have suggested the solution.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.