For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
hkirkum's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, July 22nd, 2016 9:43 PM

4 hasnt updated in a year

My note 4 hasnt updated in a year my android version is still 5.0.1 there has been no firmware updates or anything period since I got it. Is my phone just messed up or are there no updates?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

8 years ago

Swing by a Best Buy and have the guys at the Samsung experience desk flash the update for you.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I'll go by and try that next time in near one the closest to my house is 45 mins away.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40I'm pretty sure the Note4 6.0 (Marshmallow) update still hasn't been released by AT&T?

@hkirkumI'd hold off, until it has, I'm not sure it'd be very helpful otherwise.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Mine hasn't even updated to 5.1.1 yet

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

8 years ago

@pgrey. The phone won't update to marshmallow without all the previous updates in place.  

The Experience desk has done missing updates for me a couple times and helped with other little issues.  

Also a good excuse to cruise the new shiny devices (and probably set of the darn sensor alarms)

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

@hkirkum Yeah, @lizdance40 has a good point, particularly since you mention that you're not on 5.1.1 already.  

In your case, a stop by would certainly be warranted, and would set you up for the 6.0 release, by updating all the requisite pre-qualifications.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I went by best buy and 2 att stores, factory reset my phone and still wont update.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.