For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
abcinsc's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, September 8th, 2016 9:42 PM

Unlock for foreign travel?

My phone is eligible for unlocking and have received unlock code.

Can I unlock my phone and insert foreign sim card, then return to at&t when back in USA?

How many times can I do this?

Can I stay with at&t with phone unlocked for future foreign travel?

Appreciate your feedback.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

@abcinsc Yes, you can swap sim cards back and forth. When you return to the U.S. and reinsert your ATT sim, it will be as if you never left.

Scholar

• 

198 Messages

8 years ago

First insert a non AT&T sim, then enter the unlock code.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

There are ways to check your unlock code (trigger the unlock process before you leave), if you want to make sure it's going to work, but they're OS/model dependent.

If you want to post this info, we can find a pointer to this, so you can unlock it now.

Once you unlock the phone, it's a done-deal, it won't "re lock" again, ever, it remains an unlocked device.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you for your help. My understanding is that when I unlock the phone it remains unlocked forever. Q: Can I then reinsert my AT&T sim card and continue with my current service until I travel? And then swap alternative sim cards in and out while out of US?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks - that solves my problem. I think local sim cards will be much cheaper than International calling or data charges. Thanks again.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

They may very well save you money. But keep in mind that your relatives back in the U.S. will be dialing an international number to call you (assuming you give them the number) and paying pretty steep rates. There are work arounds such as Skype, Facebook, Whatsapp, ect. Just something to consider.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Hello House my problem is that i entered incorrect unlock code more than five times, please whats the way to unlock my phone from permanent lock?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

The Phone is Z812 please am really in need of help.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@shar10k. If you entered the code too many times and got the "Your phone is permanently locked" there is no solution.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

so you mean i can no longer used my phone to make calls and other important stuffs! Wow thats really painful and really dosnt make sence at all. But please do you know where i can get its firmware so that i should wipe the one it comes with?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.