For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
portout's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, August 29th, 2016 10:20 PM

The "Next Program"

The "Family Plan" was changed to the "Next..."
The account holder completely skipped my opportunity for an upgrade (old plan) on a very used, cheap phone (she provided). After enduring this over 14 mo. I realized, her "plan" had increased phone members. My share of the bill remained the same.
If I have been paying for another phone as well as service for 14 months, how can I be permitted to get any updates or upgrade if the account holder ignores me!? Like the innovative developers of this program, isn't their a way to separate individual members of a shared plan? I can't access my data usage, etc

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I don't see ANY "highlighted areas"

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

You may ask for the account owner to release the line so you can take ownership through a transfer of billing responsibility. Ultimately the account owner controls the upgrades and so forth on any account. They can use a line's upgrade eligibility to do a cross upgrade and give that phone to another line. It's totally up to them to determine what to do with upgrades.

Transfer of Billing Responsibility is your only option.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

Next is not a service plan. It is only a plan for buying a phone. You can get your data usage anytime by dialing *3282# from your phone. You will get a text message with data usage. Not sure what exactly you are asking for but if the account owner is ignoring you, perhaps it is time to get your own account and plan. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@portout That's really their prerogative, it's their account.

It's a "family" plan, in theory you know the person who has their account. 

(They shouldn't be selling to strangers, it's probably against the rules).

There are no upgrades any more, so they aren't keeping anything from you.

Enduring? You can get your own plan and not deal with them.

(As the main line holder, I don't let new people on my plan get their phones on Next, they can buy them somewhere else or pay full price, then if they want to leave AT&T or have phone problems it's their responsibility)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.