For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
noway89's profile

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

Saturday, January 14th, 2017 11:53 PM

Cost to repair cracked screen.

I have mobile insurance at $7.99 a month and i just asked what my deductible to get my craked screen repaired and was told it would be $89! What! Why?? I have been paying insurance for a couple of years now so why such high deductible?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@noway89 wrote:

I have mobile insurance at $7.99 a month and i just asked what my deductible to get my craked screen repaired and was told it would be $89! What! Why?? I have been paying insurance for a couple of years now so why such high deductible?

I'm pretty sure that's the newer low deductable!! 

Have you ever read your policy? 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Up until recently, insurance didn't even do screen repair. Your only option was phone replacement and even higher deductible. 

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

7 years ago

I am finding out more and more what a rip off these phone companies are. I recently bought my husband and new flip phone which was inexpensive but later found out that the car charger wouldn't work for this phone but all the house chargers would and a new car charger cost about $20. They didn't mention that little bit of information when I got it.

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

7 years ago

I think Its my screen protector that is actually cracked. Does my insurance cover protectors?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@noway89 wrote:
I think Its my screen protector that is actually cracked. Does my insurance cover protectors?

The deductable is probably close to $100, so you probably don't want to go that route.

Have you ever read your policy?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

7 years ago

No,  insurance only covers the phone.  The screen protector can be removed with a business card.

ATT is not your insurance provider.  Asurion covers the phone.

https://www.att.com/offers/device-protection.html

The only insurance that doesn't have a deductible is LIFE insurance.   

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

ATT is not your insurance provider.  Asurion covers the phone.

I noticed the other day it says:

AT&T Mobile Insurance and AT&T Multi-Device Insurance are underwritten by Continental Casualty Company, a CNA company (CNA), and administered by Asurion Protection Services, LLC

The wording makes me feel it's a little more AT&T's baby instead of just farmed out. My 2 cents...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

7 years ago

Asurion provides coverage for all major carriers. 

Verizon website says....

"A program that provides replacement mobile devices in the event of loss, theft or damage. Replacements are underwritten by Liberty Insurance Underwriters, Inc. or one of its insurance company affiliates. Asurion Insurance Services, Inc. (in NY, Asurion; in California, Agent License #0B35141) is the agent and provides the claims servicing under this program."

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.