For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Osage62's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 19th, 2017 5:34 PM

Call Protect Telemarketer Block?

How can I get call protect to block telemarketer calls instead of just identifying them? I don't want to receive any telemarketing calls.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

7 years ago

Until a telemarketer's number has enough reports, Call Protect will only announce that it is a suspected telemarketer. It is your choice to answer or ignore.

Once a phone number has enough reports, Call Protect will automatically block the call.

It is not a perfect system, but is a lot better than nothing at all.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for your response, but I still wish there was an option to
automatically block suspected telemarketers. There is a switch to enable
"Automatic Fraud Blocking" on the app, why not add one for "Suspected
Telemarketer" to give the app user the option to block these calls
automatically?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Osage62 I'd love to see something like that too. For now, I just add each telemarketing tagged caller to the blocked list.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

What good does it do to add a telemarketers number to the block list?  They just change the call number to something else?  Why is it legal to allow them to do this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

i  am  trying  to   stop   t  market   calll   both  from  people   and   compture

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

6 years ago

@Osage62  One way is to turn on Do not Dusturb and only allow contacts to get through. You just have to keep your contacts up to date. Of course telemarketers could spoof one of your contacts and the call would come through.  For me if I don’t recognize he number, goes to voice mail. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

A friend of ours has Charter, and they can set up system on the landline to stop robo calls.  When the answering machine answers the caller is offered two options, press one if you are a solicitor and two if you are not.  Since robo calls can't press a number, the phone hangs up.  It be nice if AT&T offered a similar service----they need to keep up with the competition

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I use AT&T Call Protect to identify telemarketers, Suspected Spam and Potential Fraud calls. However, the use of "fake" phone numbers and fake IDs circumvents the entire process. I have blocked hundreds of phone numbers and I am still getting the calls from the same telemarketers. It is time to enact state and federal controls over the use of "fake" IDs and phone numbers. I want the communications companies to give me the authority to opt out of all telemarketing calls. Not to just identify the numbers, but prevent the calls from ever getting to my phone. Its time to take back our privacy. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.