For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Buggyman's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, July 14th, 2018 5:03 PM

Vintage rotary phones

With the help of the forum, (thank you) I've been successful in installing a Western Electric Model 302, Trimline and Wall Phone that all make and receive calls, including the ringer. What I've noticed on using them periodically (mostly for fun with visitors) is that in conversation from my cell phone to any of the 3 rotary's, that although I can hear the person speaking to me from the rotary, it is not that loud, even with the cell phone volume turned up as far as it'll go...….anyone have an idea why this might be the case?

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

6 years ago

Do you have other phones in your house that you can hear fine when talking on your cell?  How about when you talk landline to landline? If they are all doing exactly the same thing and other phones in the house seem low than it's going to be a line problem, if it's just these three old rotary dial phones than unplug all but one and see if the problem still exist, test all three this way.  Let us know what you find also answer the questions. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

My apologies for the delay in response. It appears that the moderate volume level I experienced on my cell when listening to someone speaking to me from one of the 3 rotaries had more to do with my cell (old Mot flip razr) My daughters boyfriends cell had an acceptable adjustable volume. I have now also found 2 additional rotary wall phones (black & powder blue) in old storage boxes that I will be soon posting for sale.  I'm content, pleased and fortunate to have the 3 (wall, trimline & vintage 302) all working/ringing. Thanks again for taking the time to provide some guidance.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.