For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
kstevusa's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Friday, March 15th, 2019 2:47 PM

Who or How to get help with a Caller ID stamp in wrong time zone corrected?

Problem that no can fix.  My Gateway Video Hub is said to be in Huntsville Tn. Scott County which is 180 N.E. in Eastern Time Zone.   I live due south of Nashville, Fayetteville, Tn., located in Central Zone 25 miles north of Huntsville AL. This issues occurs yearly and until this time was able to get a tech to fix.  Now the word is the equipment will auto revert to what ever zone is set by the Hub.    Can someone explain in a logical sense why the distant hub is chosen to provide optimum signal in my area?  Why not Nashville, Murfreesboro or other Middle Tenn. cities who have correct time. This is annoying due fact that I was advised it could not be fixed or changed.  See attached log posts from early requests for help.

o: AdministratorATTCares
Sent: Mar 14, 2019 10:30 AM

10:14 am CDT, called the 800-288-2020 and spoke with several people.  Lastly wound up with a Tech who had me do a Modem/Gateway reset and researched the info from years past.  He asked others in his unit and was told the problem is with the data issued by the Gateway for Caller ID is coming from Video Hub office in Scott county Tn. This office is closest hub that provides a quality signal to insure I get best service.  Scott County Tn. borders Kentucky and is located N.W. of Knoxville,Tn.  Distance of 180 miles.  Due to equipment upgrades, past fixes no longer are effective since the system updates and self corrects.  Any fix is only temporary and will revert to Easter Zone on next update. In other words, NO Way To Correct This ERROR.  I guess all the other local AT&T customer have  incorrect info on their caller ID???  Difficult to accept the best hub is 180 miles distant, when Nashville is 90 miles,Huntsville. Al is 25 miles, and various cities in Tn are with in 25 miles of Fayetteville. Tn.   Just seems contrary to conventional thought processes, to accept wrong is not correctable.  What are your thoughts?  Would you accept wrong as Best we can do?

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

For one thing they don't have servers in every city, I'm sure you've asked them to rehome you out of a server in the central time zone and was told they couldn't do that.  Have you accessed the modem to see if there is a time zone choice or a + or - from GMT?  If this is because of where you're being home out of there'd be  a whole lot more than just you with the same problem.  I'd about betting there's a time setting in the modem.  I realize the time stamp is sent from the phone company, but there has to be a way to adjust it since it's not unusual for a server to be proving service to more than one time zone.  

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

Your link doesn't work and appears to be going to a PM page. 

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

I have a ARRIS NVG589 Gateway.  Did a quick search on Google but no help.  No paperwork or instructions were left  on the NVG589  so online is only source of help.  Not too technical but generally I can handle less complicated items.  This situation defies logic.  Can you suggestion solutions to help in getting my time zone issue corrected?

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

In searching the issue, seems like this is a common problem going back several years.   Several mention as you did that tech support corrected the problem at one time, usually after many hours on the phone.  There's also post on DSL report on this problem.  Sounds to me like AT&T has a known problem, but doesn't know how to fix it. 

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for update. Appears to be a DEAD END.  Probably only way to escape is to change carriers.  Maybe another IP could get it RIGHT.  I was not successful in determining if the NVG589 could be manually reset to Central Zone, anyone have any additional suggestions. 

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

I checked the admin manual and I couldn't find a way to offset the displayed time.  Doesn't mean it's not there, but I could find it and a search on how to correct the time found nothing. Actually sounds like a modem issue more than a network issue. 

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

+

PROBLEM RESOLVED:  Got call from AT&T tech who advised his team was working on this,  next day another Tech called and advised they have corrected the problem.   Checked the Time Stamp and it was correct.  Possibly they had me in Eastern Zone (Huntsville, Tn.) but I should and am now served out of Huntsville Al..  This change corrected the Time Zone issue.  Probably too simple to attract attention, but finally it is correct. 🙂

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for letting us know the resolution. Sounds like they rehomed you out of a server in your same time zone.  If they can't set each modem to offset the time zone of the server than it should be standard practice to home you out of a server in your time zone.  I hope it stays fixed for you. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.