For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
moffettl's profile

Teacher

• 

39 Messages

Tuesday, April 1st, 2014 12:38 AM

Voicemail picking up call waiting too quickly

I have my voicemail set to pick up after 5 rings (30 seconds) which works perfectly.  If I am on a call and get a call waiting that I want to answer, it goes to voicemail so fast that I don't have a chance to get it.  Is there a way to change that setting so call waiting won't go immediately to voicemail within 2 seconds?

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hi there,

I had the same problem forever and I think I just figured it out.  You need to go to Home Phone  - Phone Features -Call Forwarding.  There is an option that says Busy Call Forward.  Turn that off.  Mine was set to ON and showed my voicemail number and I think that's why when I was on phone (busy) it would go to my voicemail and so I had the same problem.  I hope this finds you.  I registered here just to hopefully help you.  

It was not in the Voicemail Features, but phone Features.

Hope that helps!

Good Luck

Starfish

Teacher

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

There is a setting for number of rings for voicemail but nothing for call waiting.  As soon as a call waiting comes through, it goes straight to voicemail and I have no chance to put my first call on hold and answer it.  Hopefully there is something I'm missing and this can be remedied.  I'm missing many important calls that I have to return because of this feature not working right.

Calling tech support appears to be useless because they never seem to understand the question.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again. 

Teacher

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks so much!!  My busy call forwarding was also set to 'on'.  I turned it off and hopefully this will solve my problem.  I would hve never thought to look at that.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Oh I'm so happy to maybe have helped you also. 

Have a great day

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.