For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
abbcccdddd's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 22nd, 2015 1:33 AM

Can't make or recieve calls

My good friend just called me on my cell phone. He tried to call my land line (ATT U-Verse), but said he got a message that the "Verizon customer was unavailble at this time..." So I tried to call myself and got a scratchy buzzing sound in my cell phone, and no ringing on the Uverse line. Then I tried to call my cell phone from my land line. There was a dial tone, but as soon as I dialed, there was just an open line - no ringing - no nothing. The Internet works though... What is wrong? Although I assume that the land line is okay, is it possible that somebody's trying to steal my phone number?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Fix was easier than I thought - I'd already unplugged my phone for a minute with no fix. Then I thought why not unplug the ATT gateway too? Plugged it all back in and I'm able to send/recieve calls again. 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

When my new cellphone rings and I press the green phone icon on my screen to answer it, nothing happens. Can you help, please? Thanks!

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

Not knowing what phone you have, many phones require you to swipe the phone icon instead of pushing it.  If that's not the answer you might want to post your question in the wireless forum instead of the home phone (landline and U-verse) forum.  Let alone this topic is over three years old. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.