For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Fairvufarm's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, February 4th, 2019 7:16 PM

Why doesn't my ATT TL86103 respond to voice recognition software?

My ATT TL86103 can't respond to voice recognition software. No tone is generated when I press a number or other key.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

Same as you'd do with anything that's broken, repair it or replace it. 

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

You say voice recognition, but sounds like your taking about no tones being put out by your phone.  Make sure you have touch tone activated on your phone and let us know what service you're using. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, you’re correct. When they ask me to press 1 for “something”, no tone is sent. I’m on Spectrum, formerly Charter Communications.

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

Can you make calls? Did you verify tones are turned on?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Did you get my response? Can’t tell on this side. Tones are turned on and I can hear them. It just doesn’t get accepted on the other end. I’m not sure the tone is actually transmitted. Joe

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

In your original statement you said you heard no tone when pressing a button.  If you can hear it the tone is being generated.  It not being recognized by the other end could have several causes. 

Please answer the following:

Can you make calls out ?

Do you hear the tones?

Have you tried another phone?

Have you reset your modem?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Sorry for confusion. I hear the tone but it isn't being accepted or recognized by the computer system on receiving end. Only the base station has this problem. The extension phone do not have the same problem. I've reset the modem.

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

That information should have been given up front.  If you only have one phone on a multiphone setup not working than the trouble is with that one phone. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

And how is that corrected?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I hope u are not truly a professor. Your arrogance is measurable! Thanks for nothing!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.