For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
bwg2495's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 29th, 2016 1:02 AM

How to remove an old line and pole

I have an unused AT&T phone line and telephone pole.  PG&E power has been placed underground, Comcast cable has been placed underground.  Now it is time to remove the old AT&T line an the pole but I am finding it impossible to navigate the auto attendant and live customer support representatives who have no idea what I am talking about.  There does not seem to be a way to interact with AT&T if one does not have an account.  Who do I call to initiate the pole removal? 

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @bwg2495,

We can help you with that concern. Visit this link and follow the instructions to report the old line issue. We thank you for reaching out to us on the community forums.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

hi i have lines in my phone 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

This doesn't work - I called that number and they said they WILL NOT remove unused wires from the pole to the house (even though  my active line comes off a different pole in the back of the house). Sending people to the Unburied Cable link does not solve the problem. Please provide either a truthful answer (i.e. AT&T will not remove inactive wires) or actually provide the service people are requesting!

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

Two year old topic not sure what you want those of us who are also customers in the forum to tell you.  If they've told you they won't remove the lines than they gave you an answer, just not the one you wanted. The lines coming from this pole you want removed must terminate in something, does where they terminate have anything on it to identify who owns it?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

had Comcast/xfinity out and they say they cannot touch/remove lines from another service provider. AT&T lines are shaped differently than those of Comcast/xfinity.  Called AT&T and they say they won't remove the lines because I don't have a current account with them but that my other service provider (presumably comcast) will remove them.  This is a runaround by both AT&T and comcast, but i do think it's AT&Ts responsibility to remove lines they installed.  

Does anyone have any more updated information on how to get this done?

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

Same answer.  Contact your local utility commission or the FCC if you can't get satisfaction through normal channels. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.