For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
nogglebaum's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, February 7th, 2018 4:54 PM

Why does AT&T Support not work?

In March of 2017 I moved my residence around the corner to a new place. A week or so before the moved I called you (AT&T Customer support) to  install a new line and move my service to the new location.  A lineman did come out and install the line from the pole to the home.

Since I have moved I have not received one bill at this new address untill this month.  I monthly check online a AT&T for my posted bill. Beginning in April 2017 through to December 2017 my account posted on line had showed I had a $36.04 CREDIT, ( “Payment is not required.”)

In April 2017, since I had to drop my internet service when I moved, I believed the credit was for an over-payment on it.

In June I still had an CREDIT BALANCE of $36.04, I called AT&T Customer Support.  I reported that I had not yet received a bill.  The support tech said the billing address they had was not up to date.  I gave them the correct address and thought the problem was resolved.

July I checked online and saw that I still had $36.04 credit and the address was still posted incorrectly.  I called again the AT&T Support folks to resolve the issues, (plural.)   I was surprised when the tech informed me that  my telephone bill was included in my rent  I told that was news to me and I did not believe that was the case.  We agreed that I would inquire with my landlord to resolve that issue, and I again gave my correct new address to the tech.

My landlord states he does not pay my bill,  So in August I (sigh) called AT&T support and reported this fact to yet another tech.  I was informed they make the changes needed.  

It was about this time I noticed that my AT&T online profile was blocked so I was not able to edit it to make corrections or changes.  But I could login and see my account status and billing history.  

October, November, I checked saw that my address was still posted wrong and a $36.00 credit was still showing on my bill status.

I did not call those two months. Why should I?  ALL other attempts made on my part failed.  Calling did NO GOOD at all, going online did no good at all.  I had used due diligence to resolve the matter to no avail.

In the spirit of the upcoming holidays, I gritted my teeth and called AT&T support folks once more to resolve the issues.  Went through the process of providing the tech my issue history and my correct address again.

On or about the 2nd of January 2018 I checked online and saw the same incorrect address, account frozen for editing, and the same credit.  Yesterday, Tuesday January 6, I checked again and Lo and Behold there was a change.  My account was no longer frozen, the address was correct and I was being billed $239.00.  

A soon as AT&T Customer Support was open and taking calls yesterday I called to see why I was being billed for the months that their errors, blunders and mishaps prevented me from making payments, and online corrections that would have solved the issues.  After some back and forth debate on the matter I requested a Supervisor to work with.  I was p;aced on hold for a minute or so, then was told that the supervisor would call me back.  I confirmed the call back number and concluded the call.

I received no call back.  
Today I waited on hold for a supervisor for 2 1/2 hours

JMS

take cares and prayers, (you need them)

Community Support

• 

231.9K Messages

6 years ago

Good afternoon @nogglebaum,

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention, we really appreciate your time.  We want to make sure you get the best assistance possible with this matter; and will be reaching out over private message.  This way we can protect your personal information while we get this resolved.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

-ATTCares

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Sure I'll get right on that as soon as I figure  out what a DM number is.

sheesh

Community Support

• 

231.9K Messages

6 years ago

Thank you @nogglebaum, please send us a private message (https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/60)

with your account information so we can help you.  I appreciate your help in this matter. -AT&T Cares.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Who what where why how is Direct message?
Email?  You have my email,  perhaps I need some string and a can.  I gotta feed my cat first.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Screenshot_2018-02-07-14-16-40.pngScreenshot_2018-02-11-07-28-04.png

[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

2 Attachments

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.