For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
MaryZam's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 16th, 2018 6:07 PM

Closed

Spoofed calls

I've been getting robocalls from a company that wants to "clean my ventilation system" from numbers that are local--the latest was purportedly from a specific local retirement community/nursing home. Obviously, these calls are spoofed. To whom should I report them?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

6 years ago

report to the Fraud department at: 800-337-5373.

or online Report Unwanted Calls/texts online

Reduce robocalls by downloading and using the AT&T Call protect app. Download the app2 from the App Store or Google Play.

IF using a digital home phone, perform the below actions:::

Opt in to Call Protect
  1. Go to Overview > My digital phone
  2. Select My voicemail & phone features > Phone Features.
  3. Under Call Filtering, select Call Protect.
  4. Read the Call Protect Terms of Service and AT&T Privacy Policy and check the box if you agree to the terms.
  5. Select Turn on Call Protect. You’ll receive confirmation that Call Protect has been activated.

This provides your digital home phone with, Automatic Fraud Blocking, Suspected Spam Call Warning, and Call Log. 

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

5 years ago

"I've been getting robocalls from a company that wants to "clean my bank accounts."

Of course such calls are spoofed, allowed and perfectly legal, per the rationale that if spoofing were banned, some doctor

in Crap Creek, AR will suffer the calamity of having his personal number displayed.

Anyone see something ***-backwards about that? lizdance40 still doesn't see it. Let's try to get her blinders removed,

"educate" her little by little, to keep her from siding with the spoofers. She claims she reads "copiously," but sure doesn't think that way. She just might be reading the wrong things as well.

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

Digging up old post just to put your tired rhetoric on them?  You obviously don't understand how number display if used by professionals nor do you ever read or try to understand the many topics and post on this subject.  Moderator please lock this thread.  

• 

4.4K Messages

5 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.